What's new

fusion 5 lubrication strip

i shave my head every other day with a fusion 5 and pretty much the lubrication strip disappears in a week. is this normal or is this not the proper blade for my head? it does give it a great shave without irritation

i do but im not trying to use a blade every week just for my head, gets way too expensive.my brother keeps trying to get me into straight razors but i dont know

I've used straight razors for 4 or 5 years. My opinion is biased. FWIIW - the straights I use to shave my face are different than the ones I use to shave my head.

I've found that smaller wedges work better - 4/8 or 5/8. If you are going to try shaving your head with a straight, I'd recommend starting with your face. It will teach you how to interpret feedback which is crucial when you are shaving parts of your head blind.

i shave my head every other day with a fusion 5 and pretty much the lubrication strip disappears in a week. is this normal or is this not the proper blade for my head? it does give it a great shave without irritation
It's normal, and in my experience the blades outlast the lubrication strip indicator by an extremely long time.

Consider some of the twin blade cartridges; they're cheaper. I used to get only 2-3 headshaves per cart. I think that's normal.

I use a DE now, which is more enjoyable for me and the blades cost fifteen cents. The same advice would apply as Henry gave for straights - learn on the face first.

I used to use an electric razor on my head instead of a blade of any sort. Worked pretty well, I might almost even say better than a blade. It was a lot faster too.

The main thing is that I was to afriad to take a blade blindly to my head, with this I didn't have to worry anymore.

last summer i was using the conair cleanhead which worked amazingly but took 20 minutes and didnt want to deal with that every other day so i switched to shaving and now i do it in the shower and im done in 5 min

I do 3 passes on my head. 2 with a DE WTG and XTG and 1 with a Fusion ATG. The fact that i only use the fusion for one pass makes it last a while.

I'm not surprized at all that the strip wears out so quickly. Its all about getting you to use more, if it laster longer sales would be down. Remember that big companies don't really care about the customer. :closedeye

I'll also agree that if it works for you, then be all means continue with it and just accept that thats the way it is. :wink2:

I got into de shaving when I started shaving my head. I started out with a Weishi, the first few weeks just on my face. The first time I used the de on my dome was the last time the clippers/electric razor have been used. In the time it took me to shave my head with the electric I am able to get a great shave on my face and head.

I now have it down, and the costs are minimal ~7 cents per shave.
$5 Slant(antique fair);
Treet durasharp blade gets me three smooth face&head shaves @ 8 cents a blade
Arko shave sticks 15 for $20
$30 Vulfix 404 Grosvenor mixed hair brush

Top Bottom