What's new

Really feeling unstable today, but the shave? OH the shave.

Every now and then I get a bee in my bonnet and like to do something a bit different with the daily shave, today was leave out the bottom plate on the razor and go for a not so safety straight shave, which went flawlessly by the way and left me with a killer BBS.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Now I know someone else will give it a go, just because that is the nature of the beast.

You might consider trying a Parker straight that uses 1/2 DE blades. They are not expensive and give great shaves, while holding the blade very steady between two stainless pieces. Here is a pic:

Attachments

• $parkerstraightrazor.jpg
    $parkerstraightrazor.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 157
Pretty sure he's aware. But that wouldn't be doing it different and a little dangerous . Next time maybe try trimming down a blade to stabilize it some more, like a false bottom plate?

That combo, especially with a Dorco would create nothing but a severe care of Tourette's in my bathroom.
Throw a BRW handle on it and report back good sir!:tongue_sm

It really works quiet well, kind of goes against everything a safety razor says works, but in a pinch a clean shave can be had from anything with a blade attached, except a rubber garden hose, or an inflateable doll.

Top Bottom