What's new

1,000th Post Your-Choice Jelly-Bean Challenge PIF

$Merkur 12C.jpgOR$Merkur 39c.jpg

To celebrate my 1,000th post, I am giving away your choice of either a Merkur 39C slant or a Merkur 12C open comb razor. Both are in excellent condition and will be accompanied by an assortment of my favorite blades (Feather, Personna Med Preps and Labs, Russian Perma-Sharp, Iridium Super and Polsilver).

Eligibility: All B&B members worldwide. You must post your answer in this thread by midnight August 31, 2011. More than one answer will disqualify you.

Contest: Entrants must correctly guess the number of standard-gauge Jelly Belley jellybeans that fit into my Marvy rubber mug (green) at the time of the contest closing. I will drag a wooden ruler over the top of the mug to determine fullness. There is a partial puck of Tabac soap in the mug now, which I will continue to use, and will remain there until closing time. At that time, the mug will be filled as above and the beans counted. The closest answer without going over, wins.

In the event of a tie, the first time-stamped post will win. Winner will be notified by PM and announced here. :001_smile

Announcement (27 Aug 2011):

Today, we are about halfway through the Jellybean Challenge. There is a game within a game here, as some have begun to suspect.

I am a fan of Dan Brown's work, including The Da Vinci Code. There are clues in this thread to the Jellybean Code. The first member to crack the code will win the second razor in the contest. Announcement of the winner will be made as above, even before contest closing if the code is broken.

Two clues only:

1. All of the clues you need to break the Jellybean Code are in this thread.
  2. The correct answer may or may not be in this thread, but it is definitely here on B&B.
Put a link with your answer in your original Challenge post. The same deadline applies. Astute readers will be aware of discussion about the edit function on B&B, and you can change your original post up to the deadline. Your answer must be in the following format, as I will get dizzy trying to read URLs. If you do not know how to do this, another member can help you. Here is the required format:

That's it. Good luck to all!

Last edited:
Wow great PIF! I looked up marvy shaving mugs to try to figure out how big they are (I have no idea still), and now i really want one! haha! I might wait before I guess though, since i still have no idea how big they are haha :)

Top Bottom