What's new

New DE89BA11

Longtime lurker... first time poster. Always been a wetshaver, but started shaving with a traditional DE about a year ago. Started off with a late 40's NDC Superspeed. I loved the looks of the new EJ De89 Barley Chrome and decided to go ahead and take the plunge. Received it about a week ago now. I've gotta say that it is a very good, smooth shaver but still very forgiving. Handles a little bit differently than the SS, mostly because of the weight and fatter handle I think. Been using Astra SP's and TOBS avocado to get some fantastic shaves!! :thumbup:

Welcome to B&B and Congrats! The EJ89 series are very smooth and the Barley Chrome is the prettiest one of them all. So which one would you pick as the smoother razor?

As to which is smoother...They're so close to me it would be hard to say... I'm still getting the hang of the EJ but right now I guess I'd have to say it is too close to call. I will say that the EJ seems to give a slightly closer shave. Probably due to the weight and I think I saw somewhere that it is slightly more aggressive based on the blade gap. Still need to try a Feather in the EJ to compare fully to the SS. The SS/Feather combo is awesome with the SS/Astra a close second... IMHO.

Welcome aboard! You chose well. That's one of the smoothest-shaving and best looking razors on the planet.

Welcome, congrats, and excellent choice! I have one of those (my first DE also) and have been very happy with it. But, you've been a member for a few days now. Time to get something else. :lol:

I'm still new and don't know all the models so I looked that one up. Beautiful razor. I hope you have many good shaves with it.

Welcome to B n B!

A Barley? :thumbup:

I purchased a gold barley last year, and it is my favorite DE razor. I do use Feathers. I like the weight and balance, the grip, and the looks. Yeah, it does give great shaves. After using it quite a bit, I prefer it's balance to anything else I own.

I like the Avocado also! ..and Nancy Boy!

Let us know how the Feathers do for you!

Top Bottom