What's new

I might be turning into a cream guy ...

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
I started out as strictly a soap guy. I'm beginning to shift. Soaps I REALLY like are Provence de Sante, Tabac, Irisch Moos, secondary likes are Mama Bear or TSD glycerin soaps.

My first cream try was Kiss my Face mint. I was not particularly impressed and I gave it to my son who shaves about twice a week. Next up was some Park Avenue Classic that was tossed in with a scuttle I bought off the BST. It was more impressive than the KMF and I used it very occasionally.

Then I got some C.O. Bigelow and thought, "Hmmm, this is getting more interesting." and started using it much more than occasionally. Instead of the Irisch Moos stick I started carrying a small tube of C.O.B. around when traveling. I still love the Irisch Moos, but the C.O.B. is more convenient to carry, I use the IM at home now.

Finally, I got some Taylor's of Old Bond Street Avocado in a tub. This happened.

:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1: :001_tt1:

I know there is no 'best' cream out there in a very much YMMV activity, but I do know TOBS is held in very high regard. I may have to collect some other flavors and I think this may relegate my soaps the the 'occasional use' category.

Interesting development to me.

Try Penhaligons Endymion. Killer performance, and a wonderful scent.
Beware, it's got an arousing effect on females.
It smells that good. :wink2:

I just shaved with TOBSAVO for the 2nd time last night. It's my first TOBS cream, and I quite enjoyed it too! I washed my face with the leftover lather after the shave, and it felt very soothing.

JCinPA

The Lather Maestro
Wow. You and I think alike, too, I believe. I'm a big fan of your Gillette Black blades. Intersting we agree on this product, too, eh?

It was incredibly thick and rich. I did not use too much water, you can tell when you squeeze the lather out of the brush to apply with your hand for the touchups. If you use too much water it bubbles out of the brush and will slide around your hand. This stuff sat right where I put it on my left hand and stayed PUT while I used that hand to help stretch the skin for the touchups.

Some have said it smells funny, but I liked the smell right off the bat. Then again I loved the smell of Tabac first time out with it, too.

I think more TOBS products are in my future. Wonderfully slick and full-bodied stuff when properly lathered. Mmmmm.

Creams can make a very thick lather, in most cases, as long as it is well hydrated, it will have great performance.

Al raz.

The AOS Creams are Top Notch for Slickness & a little dollop makes a good amount of lather, I'm a big fan of of the Lavender & Rose, next on my list is the Lemon. BTW I used only Tabac soap from 1976 til 2008 when I finally connected to the internet. I first tried different Soaps like Klar Kabinett and the locally purchased VDH, which before trying, I thought little of due to the low cost, I was pleasantly surprised and the ever present Williams... satisfied my curiosity. After joining B&B last October, I decided to try my first cream in December, and been a bit obsessed the past 10 months, when soaps became the "Occasional Medium" used to build Lather. I also enjoy the tubs of QCS, which I consider more of a Soft Soap, and really enjoy the Turkish Old Spice SC, La Toja and LEA.

I just tried a TOBS cream for the first time yesterday too. It was wonderful. The lather was nice and thick with creamy tops, the same consistency as the canned goo.

Top Bottom