What's new

Single Edge/Injector Razors

F

FuzzBuster

Aside from vintage models like the Gem g bar, Micromatic and Junior, are there any New Single edge razors being made? I have not found any and suppose, unlike DE razors, are no longer being made. I did see that a National Campus Injector Razor was released last year, but I cannot seem to find them for sale either. I am relatively new in this endeavor and am interested in trying these types of razors.
Thanks, Steve

There are no single edge razors currently in production, AFAIK.

Fortunately, vintage ones are practically being given away on eBay.

Go with the GEM's. They are cheaper all around (including blades) and shave just as good, if not better, than the Injectors. They are also very intuitive- hold the head of the razor almost flat against your skin and you can't go wrong.

Vintage Schick Injectors are also nice if you like a more aggressive razor.

Single edge razors are especially good for fast and dirty 2 pass shaves with the grain. Against the grain you have to be careful because they are more aggressive and want to dig into flesh more than the average DE.

According to every review I have read, that National Campus razor is a total piece of crap. Schick injectors are still being made and sold in Japan, last I heard. Vintage Schicks are plentiful and inexpensive on EBay.

Schick Injectors are no longer being made in Japan or anywhere else to my knowledge. They're still widely available on eBay at varying prices though. The Nationwide Campus version seems to have disappeared, the last time I saw it being sold was on the Dutch Barbershop website.

I have a Micromatic and 2 Juniors that I am not using. They're yours if you pay shipping. I've never used them, but they are in nice shape. I can supply pictures this evening. If your interested, PM me.

F

FuzzBuster

I have a Micromatic and 2 Juniors that I am not using. They're yours if you pay shipping. I've never used them, but they are in nice shape. I can supply pictures this evening. If your interested, PM me.

Thanks Very Much for the Generous offer. I am definitely interested and have sent you a PM.
Steve

M

modern man

There are no single edge razors currently in production, AFAIK.

Fortunately, vintage ones are practically being given away on eBay.

That is a big Plus 1

I got an Injector so cheep the seller gave me money. :001_tongu

I've got 3 injectors + 3 GEM. I've got always BBS with that kind of razors but what a shame : it is so difficult to find blades (especially in Europe)

Top Bottom