What's new

What John Wayne Shaved With

Early on I believe the Duke used a straight, I've seen movies where he used one and he seemed to know how to use it. In later years he probably progressed towards the electrics. Remember he was battleing cancer and he might have been on blood thinners.

Clayton

Last edited:
I never knew John Wayne had diaper rash. I wonder if those are the same kind of electric razors Wyatt Earp used.

The baby powder was probably the lubricant he used on his face for the electric shaver. When I tried an electric as a kid I used the same exact stuff on my face to avoid rubbing burn from the foil. The person who buys these can easily verify if that was the purpose by opening up the electric shavers and examining the cutting heads - they will be coated with the powder if that's the case. I still have the electric shaver I used and it still has the powder in it (it never comes off). I keep it for sentimental reasons (my mother gifted it to me for Christmas) and it has a sideburn trimmer on the back that comes in handy sometimes if the barber doesn't shorten them enough to my liking or I just want to even them up.

I am not surprised at the combination of electric and DE's in the collection. From what I've read over the years a lot of Hollywood stars used electric shavers. When he was off the set he probably used the DE's. I wonder where the brush is though? Perhaps he lathered with his hand? In any case, fascinating stuff.

Chris

No surprise at the prices. The man was quite the legend, and 32 years has only served to reduce the truth that he indeed was "just an actor" and embellish the legend that he was "Super Patriot with mythical powers"
I know people who live like paupers, yet they own every piece of JW memorabilia that they can possibly obtain even at the expense of skipping a meal.

I can see people like that giving up the dream of purchasing a house just to own one of John's personal effects.

OBTW: In a fight between John Wayne and Chuck Norris, John Wayne would not even have to throw a punch because Chuck Norris would fall dead at the sight of John Wayne stepping through the door.

Your right to a degree but I ask this question..don't we need ledgends like John Wayne in our lives. Don't we need strong men for our young to follow or worship. Perhaps you would prefer every white male character on tv today, an overweight bumbling fool who's wife leads him around by the nose.

Your right to a degree but I ask this question..don't we need ledgends like John Wayne in our lives. Don't we need strong men for our young to follow or worship. Perhaps you would prefer every white male character on tv today, an overweight bumbling fool who's wife leads him around by the nose.

I'm with gman. I'm so tired of todays 'metro male' and guys in TV, and real life, being the useful idiot.
Yeah, JW was an actor, but he could actually shoot and ride a horse.

I'll fess up... I keep a Braun in the drawer. Generally the battery goes dead between the time I use it again; but then I'm now retired.

I loved John, and Clint, and Bronson, and Gilligan... oh wait...

But my hero and "legend" was my father. E6, served in the Marshall Islands.
And I agree.. it is indeed a shame that today's young men don't even have that to look up to.

But my point was that some people of my generation have an unhealthy obsession with John and Clint, not unlike the insanity of Michael Jackson fans.

BTW: Dad's still around. Two brand new knees....

$momndad.jpg

proxy.php
proxy.php

Last edited:
proxy.php

So you want to be wet-shavers, do ya? All I see here is a bunch of wet behind the ears newbs who couldn't tell peach fuzz from Pre De Provence. You'll learn, or you'll wish you'd never been born!

proxy.php

No Pressure! Watch that angle! You, Conway! Get away from those AD's 'till you get your technique down! Do I have to do that Mexican Hat Dance to show you proper prep again?

proxy.php

Ready to shave, and no soap in the travel kit! Send Private Thomas to the BST to pick up some Williams or something! If you're nervous, count your blades!

proxy.php

Ah, who need cheap soap like Stryker uses when these guys in the rear have the three Ts all day long. This is the life...Hey, Joe, can you spare some Arko for my squadmates...I oughta be getting back I guess.

proxy.php

Hey, guys, I got Arko, and fresh blades....Greek, what happened?

Where were you, Thomas? We...had to use....canned foam.....

proxy.php

Looks like we made it, fellas, and we never even had to break out the styptic. I've never felt better in all my life! Here, let me break out the Veg....(Bang!)

Top Bottom