What's new

Master Blue by Master

It's just like aqua velva but more gentle because of the lower alcohol content.

+1

I found it to basically be a weaker smelling Aqua Velva. Master has some more unique scents than this, so I personally wouldn't bother.

Their Bay Rum is really nice, and their Iceland Breeze (green version), and Lilac Vegetal are also worth checking out (their unique scents though, see if you can get samples first; they are kind of like it, or hate it scents).

I'm a Master fan, but didn't like this one, and was glad I only got the sample size. In the bottle, I can smell the attempt to copy AV. On the skin, it smells like Right Guard anti-perspirant with huge projection. At least it's nice on the face!

I like it very much. There a subtle menthol there that's cool. Not sure about the comparison to AV, since I don't have any. It has that old-school smell, which I like a lot.

Barber shop, or barber supply. I get mine from Atlanta Barber Supply. I like the Topaz. Next time I want to try Challange, which I don't really know what to expect. Anyone know?

I have not tried Master Blue.

To me Master's is much stronger than AV.When i first got a bottle of Ocean Blue I splashed some on thinking AV clone.But it was a different scent,same type but a little different....with longer ,stronger legs.It stuck with me all day,very strongly for 4-5 hours.In fact I got a little nauseous from it.

I now mix it with Artic Blue a/s that can be found in some dollar stores and a bit of witch hazel for a unique,pleasant ,toned down scent.Or just cut it with witch hazel to tame it down a bit.

I was instructed by the misses to wash my face and toss it. It smells good in the bottle, but much different once applied. It's kind of buttery, with a light touch of menthol.

Personally, I'd avoid this and choose their Spice, or get Lucky Tiger Bay Rum.

A lot of local barbers (and other haircutters, come to that) use this stuff, so this particular scent has a lot of good associations for me. It's not too strong (always important, as I have an extremely sensitive nose) and goes on without too much burning. Irritated patches seem to have that 'cooling burn' a lot longer for me and it smells almost like Listerine (very minty) when it goes on, but after it dries out it has a scent that, as I've said, reminds me of a barbershop. One of these and a comb fresh out of the Barbicide for my beard and hair and I'm set for the day. Unless I discover that other people can't stand it I'll probably stick with it. I may or may not dilute it some depending on how the scent lingers, but overall I really like it.

There are a lot of Master scents.. the completist would be set for life with Aftershave..

Bay Rum
Challenge
Champagne
Focus
Iceland Breeze (Blue)
Iceland Breeze (Green)
Lilac Vegetol
Lord & Master
Master Blue
Musk (Amber)
Musk (Red)
Spice
Topaz

oh, and the other thing is they don't all have the same ingredient list (ie, some have glycerine, some do not)

I personally didn't like the Challenge. It was too much pine and cedar for me. I much prefer the Iceland Breeze, yet others say it stinks. There is really no way to know for sure unless you try them for yourself.

The Master Blue ends up working well with my body chemistry, or so say my daughters, and it does stick with me all day. Personally, I didn't think much of it in the bottle and almost passed, but got the sampler size. A larger bottle lies in the future! Like some, the scent brings back old memories for me too. I've grown to like it over time.

I used it this morning. It's not bad at all. A nice helping of menthol, some glycerin, and a pretty nice scent not unlike Aqua Velva. Def worth trying, especially for the price.

Top Bottom