What's new

Dove soap

A dermatologist (Razor Pete) who used to come here recommended the Dove Sensitive unscented soap, I believe. Every once in a while I'll pick up a bar in the winter months for showering. I personally find Dove soaps almost too creamy for my tastes, like I don't "feel" particularly clean after use. Nevertheless, Dove is appreciated by many people.

It dries my face out. I'm just using up what I have at the moment. It's sort of irrelevant for me though because I put shea butter on my face after washing it.

We have relatively hard water here and I have been using Dove soap for years. It is certainly one of the best that I have found.

great stuff!..when NOT at the gym as I use a small green bottle with bodywash and a scrubber handle thing..1/4 moisturizing cream really does feel great

Use Dove Sensitive every shower. Use it as a face wash also. Both my doc and derm recommended it to me for my dry skin and it has definitely helped.

I have used Dove soap for years. I love it. Great lather and cleans very nicely. It does not dry me out like other soaps. I have been dabbling with other soaps lately, trying to find a lavender I like. But I keep coming back to dove. I have used all of the flavors, my favorite is the original White bar.

Have been using Dove bar soap on my face since I was a teenager. Only thing I have found that doesn't dry me out, and keeps the acne at bay.

Jeff

I used Dove Sensitive for many years because it's what my wife bought. She still uses it, but a year or two ago I switched to Neutrogena Facial Bar for the face. I like it much better than Dove. For body soap I like Naturally Upper Canada Wild Mint Lime bars that I pick up at Wegmans Supermarket.

I used Dove Sensative for years, but recently picked up Yardley Oatmeal and Almond soap, and like it much more. Rinses clean very quickley, and lathers as good as dove even with our hard water.

Skin feels much better since switching ~ a week ago. Not likely to ever go back to dove. Too many chemicals. The dollar stores here carry Yardley, and for $1 its a much better buy than Dove. I have a bar of Lavender I need to try next :)

SWMBO and I used to use Dove exclusively. We switched over to Vanicream a couple of years ago. It's as moisturizing as Dove, but is cheaper at the Target we frequent. You can't go wrong with either one.

It has been in our shower for years, it has moisturizing cream, so it doesn't dry your skin. I do wash my face with it in the shower, but I do a face wash with a cheap shaving puck when I shave.

It sticks to my face, doesn't wash off. I go around looking like I've got a layer of chalk on my face.

Edit:

I do use it on my body. I just can't use it on my face.

I like it a lot, especially for washing my face. I have noticeably better shaves after washing my face with Dove than with other soaps I've tried.

Top Bottom