What's new

It was the Floid that got me thinking more about shaving....

As as recently registered member I thought I'd say hello.

I came across the forum when searching the web for aftershave ideas. I wanted something a bit different that wasn't on the high street, and not attached to a designer name or celebrity. I thought I'd try the Floid Amber Splash based on a review here and I love it.

I didn't think I'd be that much more interested in the forums since I am long time wet shaver and thought I was getting a decent shave with my Gillette Fusion and Somersets shave oil. On reflection I realise that I've been making some pretty major compromises on shave quality. My shave has actually improved just by thinking more about my beard and being mindful when shaving.

I've seen some of the cheap but well rated shaving soap sticks in the same discount supermarket I buy the oil, so I'll probably try them. Then I'll need a brush which I will buy online soon.

Will I go DE? Well I I signed up didn't I so obviously my interest is piqued. I don't want to spend 30GBP on one but if I see something at a carboot or something appropriate appears in the BST forum from someone in the UK I'll probably give it a try.

Nice to meet you all,
TN

Last edited:
Welcome to B&B, Thomas, from another UK member!:thumbup1:

If you are interested, I have an Edwin Jagger DE87(faux ivory handle) going spare. I would be more than happy just to send it to you if you'd like to try a DE. PM me if you are interested.

If you are interested, I have an Edwin Jagger DE87(faux ivory handle) going spare. I would be more than happy just to send it to you if you'd like to try a DE. PM me if you are interested.

Like a drug dealer reeling them in, the first hit for free! :wink1: :thumbup1:

Wow! Sweet offer. Thomas, welcome to B and B!

Welcome. You can't go wrong with a generous deal like that!
BTW, I have this razor. Nice.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone for the welcome and thanks especially to Optometrist for his very generous offer - which of course I have taken him up on.

I'll let you guys know how I get on.

Thanks again,

TN

Just wanted to publicly thank Optometrist for the lovely razor that arrived in the post this morning. He sent it entirely at his own expense in a very gentlemanly act to welcome a noob to the forum.

I look forward to using it and will keep the forum informed of my progress.

TN

Antique Hoosier

“Aircooled”
Just wanted to publicly thank Optometrist for the lovely razor that arrived in the post this morning. He sent it entirely at his own expense in a very gentlemanly act to welcome a noob to the forum.

TN

Nicely done Gentlemen

TN

My pleasure, Thomas, and thank you for those kind words. Hope your first shave goes well:thumbup1:

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy

TN

David (Optometrist) is a wonderful person and a true Gentleman. And he's also a very good friend and one of B&B's most active members. :thumbup1: By the way, welcome to the finest wet shaving community in the World, Thomas! :001_smile

Top Bottom