Thread: SOLD Cherry Razor Rack

Default Cherry Razor Rack

Besides collecting and using old razors I'm a woodworker. So I made this rack out of cherry to keep my using razors handy and out of the medicine cabinet.
    I'm wondering if there's a market for them amoung my fellow wetshavers.
    The rack is 12 inches long by 1 3/4 high and 1 1/3 deep, it's unstained cherry with a semi gloss lacquer finish. It's only cost effective for me if I can make a batch of them I a time. I'm thinking $20 plus $5 shipping. I'd prefer to deal direct but can use Ebay. I'm psting 2 pics hope you like them. Razors not included.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Razor Rack 002 (Small).jpg   Razor Rack 010 (Small).jpg  

Images

I'm interested!
    [FONT=Tahoma][COLOR=Blue]Howard L. Sheppard
    howardsheppard(at)sbcglobal.net[/COLOR][/FONT]

"I wish I were less awkward around strangers. I never know what to say when someone asks me who I am and what in the world I'm doing in their house." -- Andy Ihnatko

Images

I think it can do well if you make sure that it will accommodate most razors from different manufacturers. Can it hold all the various models from Merkur?

Quote Originally Posted by roughrider
    I think it can do well if you make sure that it will accommodate most razors from different manufacturers. Can it hold all the various models from Merkur?
    It fits my fat boy, the only Merkur I have is a HD and it fits with room to spare. Do any of the Merkur require a slot wider then 9/16 of an inch? The slots are easy to widen. Thanks in advance for any imformation you can provide. Bob.

Images

I dunno. It only holds six.
    Director of the B&B Stjynnkii Membörd Dummpsjterd.

Badger & Blade- the most reasonable place on Earth.

Wenn ist das Nunstück git und Slotermeyer? Ja! Beiherhund das Oder die Flipperwaldt gersput!

Quote Originally Posted by ouch
    So buy more then one and either line then up or mount them one above the other.
    I have 9 rack made, just need to let the lacquer cure so the packing doesn't stick. Also waiting for my priority mail boxes should be receiving in a week or so.

Cherry darkens with age and exposure to sunlight. In 6 months or so these rack will be a nice coppery reddish brown. Those wishing to purchase can send me an e-mail of message, also I will drill mounting hole and provide drywall anchors if requested. Thanks Bob Smith.
    Last edited by cooncatbob; 05-10-2006 at 04:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cooncatbob
    So buy more then one and either line then up or mount them one above the other.
    I have 9 rack made, just need to let the lacquer cure so the packing doesn't stick. Also waiting for my priority mail boxes should be receiving in a week or so.

Cherry darkens with age and exposure to sunlight. In 6 months or so these rack will be a nice coppery reddish brown. Those wishing to purchase can send me an e-mail of message, also I will drill mounting hole and provide drywall anchors if requested. Thanks Bob Smith.
    What about setting it up so that it not only has room for razors but brushes as well?
    John

Images

Quote Originally Posted by ouch
    Looks like another case of the Coriolis Effect.
    Best regards,
    Ron
    vita non est vivere sed valere vita est

Quote Originally Posted by Flounder
    What about setting it up so that it not only has room for razors but brushes as well?
    That will have to be another batch, these racks are only 1 1/2 deep, not deep enought for the loft of a brush.
    I have built a new proto type, it's the same width 12 inches but 2 1/4 deep by 2 1/2 high. I built this one for me and will post a pic. It's cut for 2 brushes and 3 razors, if someone wanted just brushes 4 brushes would fit. 5 would be too crowded especially some of the fuller brushes. Thanks for the feed back. Bob.

If anyone is interested, I've sold and shipped 3 racks. Still have 6 left.
    Help fund my retirement or if I sell all my racks I might try making brush handles.
    They have a very nice piece of Rosewood at the local Woodcraft store, probably get 12 brush handles out of it. Thanks to those that purchase my racks, hope you enjoy them.