What's new

Questions about bar soap and blade oil

I have a few questions:

1: Considering the consistancy of shave soap, has anyone ever tried melting down a bar of... say.... dove moisturizing soap to use as a shave lather? or any other soap? figure it might be cost efficient, perhaps even more lubricating? i dunno... anyone ever try it?

2: i sometimes use "Hot 6" oil to shave my head... lubricates well, was thinking about using it on my razors head itself to provide a more slick surface for the razor and blade to glide on... anyone ever try this?

3: baby oil is used to lock in moisture after showers... anyone ever splash some on their face before a shave and have good luck with it?

Don't melt Dove..... you will end up with a mess in your microwave.. you can grate it down if you want, but trust me, there are better soaps you can use for shaving...

Baby oil can clog pores... I add a litte olive oil to my bathwater and soak in it... then I do not dry off, I put on a terry coth bathrobe while I am still wet, man this does amazing things for your skin!! I also add other things to my bath when I get the urge and the time such as natural vit e, herbs in a tea bag, essential oils and my favorite....monoi oi... (Monoi de Tahiti) yummy, yummy!!!! but not on my face.... I would break out...

Top Bottom