What's new

Limited Edition Badger & Blade Brushes

So while perusing the forums I have seen many references to Badger & Blade LE Brushes. I was wondering if one is made every year because I would really like to buy a 2011 brush. Being that 2011 is the year I started wet shaving and the year I joined Badger & Blade.

So while perusing the forums I have seen many references to Badger & Blade LE Brushes. I was wondering if one is made every year because I would really like to buy a 2011 brush. Being that 2011 is the year I started wet shaving and the year I joined Badger & Blade.

Sadly, the 2011 B&B brush was sold and distributed a couple of months ago. If you were to post a WTB ad in the BST Forum, that would probably be your best chance of obtaining one. It is a great brush and was made by one of B+B's wonderful craftsmen, Rudy Vey.

proxy.php

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
As David said, a Want to Buy in BST subforum might be your best chance. Or keep and eye on BST for one for sale, but you gotta be fast; the last one I saw for sale there was sold in less than 2 minutes. I think only 4 or 5 have gone for sale. Beautiful brush; mine will never go up for sale.

When does the brush come out for members to purchase and will the notification for the brush be on the home page?

When does the brush come out for members to purchase and will the notification for the brush be on the home page?

That brush has already been dreamed up, pre-ordered, manufactured, and distributed.

Posting a "Want to Buy" thread in the BST sub-forum is your best chance at obtaining one. It will most likely be used.

That brush has already been dreamed up, pre-ordered, manufactured, and distributed.

Posting a "Want to Buy" thread in the BST sub-forum is your best chance at obtaining one. It will most likely be used.

Sorry I was not clear in my post. What I meant to say is that does the yearly brush come out at around the same time every year (eg. the yearly brush will be available for purchase sometime every March) and where will the announcement for the brush release be posted (eg. in the shaving brushes forum or on the home page).

Once again I am sorry for the confusion.

Sorry I was not clear in my post. What I meant to say is that does the yearly brush come out at around the same time every year (eg. the yearly brush will be available for purchase sometime every March) and where will the announcement for the brush release be posted (eg. in the shaving brushes forum or on the home page).

Oh I did misunderstand...my apologies.

It has varied. The one Custom Boar brush came out in the late summer, this one came out in winter time, so I don't think it is the same every year.

Thank you for the information and their is no need to apologize. It was my fault for not being clear.

Where would the announcement be posted?? I would think it would be under Shaving Brushes but I also thought it could be displayed on the Home page. I need to know so that come 2012 I can start an OCD of checking B&B for that announcement.

No problem. There is a very obscure system for ordering the B+B brushes which normally involves sending a case of beer to Jeremy (the Steward to the Shaving Brush Forum) and learning a secret handshake :biggrin1: Just joking with you.... If there is to be another B+B brush produced next year, there will be a significant amount of discussion regarding the brush and plenty of opportunity to join in and express your interest as a buyer. There is no guarantee that a 2012 brush will be made as there is a lot of work involved for the Gentlemen running any project such as this and most of us have day jobs as well. Best idea is to keep your eyes open and check in regularly in the Brush Forum and the General Discussion Forum.

Thank you very much. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to sending a case of beer to Jeremy (the Steward to the Shaving Brush Forum) and learning a secret handshake. Mostly the hand shake and then the beer in 216 days.

Thank you very much. I am disappointed because I was looking forward to sending a case of beer to Jeremy (the Steward to the Shaving Brush Forum) and learning a secret handshake. Mostly the hand shake and then the beer in 216 days.

Well played! And welcome to B+B- I think that you are going to fit in well here.

Thank you for gracing my humble thread with your Stewardly presence. And having faith, that a Wetshaver Wannabe, may one day, mesh perfectly, with this forum, that we call, Badger and Blade!

Last edited:

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
The timing of the brushes, like the brushes themselves, are "custom". :001_rolle

That is, there is no way to predict when the next brush will come out. Part of the problem is that they are all a lot of work, but each one is a different amount of work, and the timing of stuff in the planning stage gets pretty 'custom' too ... all it takes is for someone to get sick or go on vacation, or his wife has a baby, and *boom* nothing happens for a couple months. Or maybe not. There's a million variables, so the timing is basically impossible to predict.

And of course there are other special purchase projects that come along too ... the LE Fountain Pen right now, for example ... so it's not like we *only* do brushes.

So yeah, post a "want to buy" thread, keep your eye on the BST, and hope for the best.

:thumbup1:

Basically, once the ball starts rolling on an LE product you won't be able to avoid the chatter about it.
You don't have to make any special effort to watch out for it, the home page and all the forums will be filled with talk about it from very early on.

Not as disappointed as I am :lol:

Last edited:

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
Is there a way to pass myself as a steward to get that case of beer? I'll make up a secret handshake.

Gee I need to look in all these boxes in my den.... I thought I saw a RV LE 2011 in one of them....... but then again I could be mistaken :blink::blink:

Top Bottom