What's new

Pipe tobacco cigars

I've been doing a little research on available pipe tobacco cigars. Has anyone seen/heard of/tried these Durangos? These look and sounds absolutely awesome!

So far, besides the Durangos (their site doesn't list the size), I've turned up the following (with help from you):

3.88 x 18 Prime Time Select
3.88 x 20 Captain Black
5.00 x 30 Blackstone
5.00 x 30 Middleton
6.00 x 38 Thompson Brittany
5.00 x 40 Tobacconist Choice

One thing I've noticed: all the pipe tobacco cigars I've found are relatively small. That's great when I don't have the time to enjoy a Churchill or larger, but what if I do have the time? Is there some reason there doesn't seem to exist a full-sized pipe tobacco cigar?

The Captain Blacks come 20 in a pack like a pack of cigarettes. At least one variety - the Original - is marked "filter tipped." Does anyone know if all their varieties have filters?

Lastly, can anyone help me add to this list?

Thanks! :thumbup1:

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
You may be interested in the Flavors line by CAO. I have only tried the Moontrance but they are handmade long filler cigars that have that aromatic smell when they are burned

The durangos look interesting, but I'm not finding anyone that actualy has any for sale. If you get your hands on some, let us know what you think.

+1 on the CAO Flavors and the Drew Estates Acids/Naturals.

Drew Estates Jucy Lucy should fit the bill nicely, one of my favorites.

You may be interested in the Flavors line by CAO. I have only tried the Moontrance but they are handmade long filler cigars that have that aromatic smell when they are burned

+1 The Moontrance are my favorites out of the CAO flavors ... Bourbon Vanilla ... very nice!

Is there some reason there doesn't seem to exist a full-sized pipe tobacco cigar?
Nobody wants to take a stab at this? The largest PTCs I've found online are the 6 x 38 Thompson Brittany and the 5 x 40 Tobacconist Choice.

The durangos look interesting, but I'm not finding anyone that actualy has any for sale.
I never received a reply to my email. According to a nearly 2 year old post I found, Durango Cigars are no longer in business. :sad:

You may be interested in the Flavors line by CAO.
+1 on the CAO Flavors and the Drew Estates Acids/Naturals. Drew Estates Jucy Lucy should fit the bill nicely, one of my favorites.
+1 The Moontrance are my favorites out of the CAO flavors ... Bourbon Vanilla ... very nice!
Well, CI has a great price on a CAO Flavours Sampler and Jucy Lucies. Looks like they'll be getting an order from me soon! :thumbup1:

Thanks for all the input.

I have smoked Jucy Lucy cigars around several non-smokers and no one has gagged from the smell like they do when I'm smoking something non flavored. I've even had several people compliment the smell - "wow, that smells great for a cigar" type of comments.

Nobody wants to take a stab at this? The largest PTCs I've found online are the 6 x 38 Thompson Brittany and the 5 x 40 Tobacconist Choice.

I never received a reply to my email. According to a nearly 2 year old post I found, Durango Cigars are no longer in business. :sad:

Well, CI has a great price on a CAO Flavours Sampler and Jucy Lucies. Looks like they'll be getting an order from me soon! :thumbup1:

Thanks for all the input.

I can't get Durango pipe tobacco cigars anywhere in Australia but I have found CAO flavoured cigars so when i get a bit more room in the humidor, I might have to pick up one of their sample packs to try.

Top Bottom