What's new

Frank Shaving Silvertip

I have currently used the silvertip with a warwick handle for about a year. While extremely soft it has become a little floppy, while shedding a few hairs initially. I am expecting a FS brush in finest in the mail tomorrow. There have been a couple of reviews I have read stating that it is still super soft with a little more backbone. They are a bargain for the price.

So forgive me on this. The Finest has /is stiffer than the silver tip? I'm curious as I'm a Boar man and know what I like on those, and was thinking for the money this may be a good start in badger. But I was after a kinda chubby with a stiffness.

I actually just received one of the Finest on a Richmond handle in the mail today. I was driving, so my wife opened the parcel. She laughed her butt off when she opened it. The first thing she pulled out was a stuffed heart that you'd expect to see dangling from an asian schoolgirl's cell phone. We were both a little curious about that one. Cheap packing material, maybe?

My Frank Shaving Silvertip brush arrived today - 9 working days from order to delivery in the UK (it was estimated at 10-15).

And it's beautiful - lovely soft tips, but well packed and with plenty of backbone. I'd read that some of the early silvertips were a bit floppy, but there's nothing floppy about this one, with a 23mm knot and 50mm loft.

I've just given it a wash and left it to stand with some lather on it - but the aroma from it was only very mild, and nothing like the stink from some of them. I'll have my first shave with it tomorrow - with Mitchell's Wool Fat.

It cost just £22 including shipping from China, which is astoundingly good value - and there's a stand included, which UK makers charge £4-5 extra for.

I have two FS Silvertips, a 23MM and a 28mm. They have been great brushes. I agree, astoundingly good values, and I have been very satisfied.

I have 2 FS brushes. A Silvertip and a PurTec Synthetic. The PurTec perfomrs amazingly-its a bit large for me at 28mm but I just cant stop using it in the rotation- it just perfomrs very well. It was my intro to synthetic and I was pleasantly surprised. The Silvertip started off well but got very floppy. It lost its backbone i guess you could say in tech shaving terms. I dont use it and wont sell it..its just taking up space. If the Handle was of quality id reknot it but its a plain jane.

Top Bottom