What's new

Tweezerman: when a bargain isn't really a bargain

Sorry about your bad experience with the Tweezerman. Ordered mine from Amazon last year for around $11 with free shipping. My first and only brush, but it has been doing a great job for me. The handle still looks good and appears that it should give me years of service.

Has anyone had experience with the cheaper silvertips advertized on Ebay. Some can be had for under $20 including shipping. Would be interested in comments.

Sorry about your bad experience with the Tweezerman. Ordered mine from Amazon last year for around $11 with free shipping. My first and only brush, but it has been doing a great job for me. The handle still looks good and appears that it should give me years of service.

Has anyone had experience with the cheaper silvertips advertized on Ebay. Some can be had for under $20 including shipping. Would be interested in comments.

I've had good luck with the Frank Shaving branded Finests.

I came here to get an idea about the Tweezerman, apart from what a strange name it has. I see there have been some problems with the knot falling out. The one I see on ebay has "lifetime warranty" printed on the box. Just sayins all.

I'm looking to replace my Omega 48. the knot didn't just fall out. It swelled and cracked the plastic handle. super glue worked for a while, but it will keep breaking.

I bought a silvertip badger brush from Aceshaving on Ebay $17 shipped. Figured it was worth a try. Been using it for 5 months now and absolutely no problems and very minimal shedding. Truth be told I don't have experience with any other brushes but all in all, I've told my friends to get on there and order.

I ordered the Tweezerman brush from my barber's catalog. I'm sure he gets a commission, but I prefer to support local businesses whenever possible - versus spending my money with a distant, faceless entity.
It's only $16 from Tweezerman. I hope he kissed you when he was done. Supporting local businesses is cool. Getting robbed by them is not.

Last edited:
I've got a few years on my Tweezerman, and I use it quite a bit. Still working fine.

I did order another from the Amazon Outlet to include in a school auction gift basket. When it showed up, the handle had a noticeable crack. I called Amazon looking to get an RMA, and they sent me a new one for free with free next day shipping and told me to keep the defective one.

Since I'd read a few posts here about Tweezerman knots falling out, I figured I'd pull the knot off the bad handle no sweat. Nothin' doing. Padded vise, hammer, etc. I eventually had to split the handle with a chisel to get that rascal out. I epoxied it on an old handle I got in a lot of razors and now it's back in service.

I don't think new shavers need to shy away from them at all. If you get a loose knot, either epoxy it back in or return it.

Have mine going on a year no problem over here. Minimal shedding actually i havent seen a hair fall off in about a month. I paid $10 and change for mine. It had a slight smell initially but this was quickly remedied.

Last edited:
Dpm802 works at an AFEES BX, and he said in another thread that the Exchanges at most larger installations will start carrying Tweezerman brushes soon.

I imagine a good portion of those sold will end up cleaning rifles and such.

That's probably the finest statement/sentiment I've read in a long while..:thumbup:

Except that quite frankly I don't think that my online retailers from B&B are faceless entities...I mean from where I shop locally, a lot of the time, I don't get even a thank you. From the retailers that are from B&B I get hand written thank yous, shipping upgrades, bonus samples, etc. As well as more help via email than I could ever ask for. Now it is true, some local guys around here do a good job, but for the most part I run into a lot of ...not nice people...Just sayin, being treated like a human being and an important customer doesn't always happen face to face only :) .

Top Bottom