What's new

The Golden Nib 24mm short loft silvertip vs. Super Silvertip?

Hello Everyone!

I'm lucky enough to have a few "chunks" of elk antler and want to make my own brush.

I've looked at The Golden Nib and was wondering about a couple of knots.

Aside from the obvious, what is the difference between the 24mm Short Loft silvertip and the 24mm Super Silvertip?

I'm also thinking about getting the 24mm Finest Badger knot.

Your thoughts and comments are greatly appreciated!

I HIGHLY recommend the Short Loft Silvertip. It is super dense and super soft. If you face lather, it is the one for you.
The 24mm Finest is great too.
The 24mm Super Silvertip is good, not great.

Thanks for the comments folks!

I went ahead and ordered one of each from The Golden Nib and I plan on placing the knots into some Elk antler pieces I have. I hope they turn out nice!

I HIGHLY recommend the Short Loft Silvertip. It is super dense and super soft. If you face lather, it is the one for you.

+1 and addition that Super silvertip is also great knot but you have to set it little bit deeper into the handle. That way it's soft with excellent backbone.

Thank you all for the much appreciated thoughts and comments!

My elk antler pieces and knots should be arriving in the mail today so I'm sure I'll be back here shortly asking for help and information about how deep to set the knots so they are not too floppy.

I'm very excited to see how these brushes turn out and how they perform. I've only ever used the inexpensive Target "Shea" shaving brush and am anxious to see how these knots from The Golden Nib perform compared to the Shea brush.

Have a Wonderful Day everyone!

+2 for this heh. I actually got a brush from bobfarvour with the short loft, extra dense, 24mm, silvertip and it is amazing, I use it for bowl lathering, face lathering, lather lathering...My go to brush and definitely if I move to new brushes it will be what they get compared to :) .

Thank you for the comments.....I'm trying to be as patient as I can be watching out the window for the mail man to deliver the supplies!

I'm lucky enough to have gotten tickets to tomorrow nights Twins vs. Yankees game, so it looks like Sunday may be a brush making day!

Top Bottom