What's new

What does Your Screen Name / User Name Really Mean?

I just had a memory flash as to where my user name comes from, I've been using it everywhere since forever, and it got me thinking:

Everyones is so unique! Some very obvious, some that leave you scratching your head as to meaning or origin.

So I thought it would be fun to share where they come from, or what they mean!

I'll start:

My user name, CyberJCM comes from way back in '99 when they were running commercials for the video game EA Sports NASCAR 2000. This commercial featured a computerized Dale Earnhardt racing his *** off, as was typical. They called him CyberDale. I dug that, so I took the Cyber part and added my intials to the end, giving me CyberJCM.
I even found the commercial on YouTube!

This should be interesting!

Last edited by a moderator:
My initials are JAW, loved sharks as a kid and I was born in 1972. I used to try and use JAWS72, but any variation of JAWS is a pretty popular online username. I would collect shark teeth when we'd go to S Carolina and one of my favorites were the long pointy mako teeth, ssooo MAKO72.

Jay

mine is easy,last name then the first shortened,comes from the trucking industry,never your name,it might make you think they care:}

Last edited:
It's an abbreviation for an interest I have in a partnership. The "vil" is short for village. The ack is part of an Indian name.

Mine comes from the nickname of a character in the old movie, "Cotton Comes to Harlem." One of my team members started calling me that, and it stuck.

Mine is quite simple actually. Just my first name with my second initial attached (my first name, without the V, was already taken :cursing:).

Heh.. Granaura was an old D&D Character that I used to play back in the day.

Now it is the name of my main character in World of Warcraft.

My Dad served in the Americal Division in Vietnam. I found this out and started taking an interest in it in about 7th grade, which is right when the internet started getting popular. I used "Americal" or some variation of it for a few things, mostly online gaming, until other users started just calling me "Amer" for short. Eventually just changed everything to Amer. Unfortunately it seems to always be taken when I sign up for new things now, so I go for some other names too.

Mine is my nickname.
I've had it since I was about 13. My friends still call me that.

Heh.. Granaura was an old D&D Character that I used to play back in the day.

Now it is the name of my main character in World of Warcraft.

My D&D character names were always lame. Usually from a movie or something I just saw.
I know I had a cleric named Han Solo for a long time....

Mine is from being a long time fan and season ticket holder for the Chicago Wolves hockey team. When I signed up here, Wolfman was already taken, so I just added a 1 to it.

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
My name was inspired by the end of Catch 22's Keasbey Nights album, where the band thanks a bunch of people that had helped them with the debut album. After they got through the real list they started making names up, and one of them was the Ambassador of Quan.

Mine is the anglicized version of the name of an Irish mythological hero. I'm slightly more than half Irish and have an interest in old Irish legends so.....

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
From when I ran the soundboard for a pseudo/semi punk/new wave band. I was Captain P. Overboard (P was kinda for Punk, but always just used P)

Top Bottom