What's new

Upgrade brush from Target Shea shaving brush?

Hello Everyone!

I have been using the inexpensive brush from Target for a few months now. I believe it is the Shea brush?

I've never tried any other brush and was wondering if I upgraded to one of the Edwin Jagger brushes if I would notice a tremendous difference?

I do have a few woodworking tools including a wood lathe and was considering ordering a Super Silver Tip badger knot from the Golden Nib and turning my own handle. If I went this route, would I notice a big difference in the Super Silver Tip knot vs. the Shea shaving brush I am currently using?

Thank you all so very much for your kind help, thoughts, and comments! Have a Great Day!

You will notice a huge difference...not necessarily in the quality of lather (the Shea brush lathers fine), but definitely in how the brush feels on your face.

They all feel different, that's why many of us own several brushes.

It won't make lather any better or worse, but it'll feel significantly different on your face.
You might like it, or you might hate it, it's a pretty subjective field.

under $50 you can get nice omega,semogue,vie-long or a fine restored vintage handled brush...

For $50 you could get one of each (all incl shipping)...

$14 Omega Pro 49 from WCS
$17 Semogue 1460 from vintage scent
$23 Vie Long 12705 shipped from giftsandcare or $19 13710 Vie Long from BEstGroomingTools

BOOM!

For $50 you could get one of each (all incl shipping)...

$14 Omega Pro 49 from WCS
$17 Semogue 1460 from vintage scent
$23 Vie Long 12705 shipped from giftsandcare or $19 13710 Vie Long from BEstGroomingTools

BOOM!

I must have an enabler badge lying around here somewhere, Nathan.

Top Bottom