What's new

Drug Store Aftershave

Can anybody reccomend a decent aftershave that can be picked up at a local drug/chain store. We live in a pretty small town and I'm getting killed on shipping costs. Thanks.

The Count of Merkur Cristo

B&B's Emperor of Emojis
Pinaud Clubman products are one of my favorites. Virgin Bayrum, original, vanilla............Walgreens
Misunderstood:
+ 1 and my favorite is Clubman Special Reserve. :thumbsup:

"I'm a proud member (along with everyone using Clubman products), of the fictional, sacred and utopian Order of Pinaud (a.k.a. 'The Club')".
proxy.php

Christopher :straight: "Hard work is the aftershave of accomplishment". Author Unknown

Attachments

• $clubman special reserve.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 549
Can anybody reccomend a decent aftershave that can be picked up at a local drug/chain store. We live in a pretty small town and I'm getting killed on shipping costs. Thanks.

I think you're going about this backwards...... if you have limited local choices, find out what your options are and then come here to check the reviews on them.

Aqua Velva, Gillette Cool Wave and Barbasol Pacific Rush are my three favorite drug store aftershaves. My wife prefers the scent of Cool Wave to fragrances I've paid well over $100/bottle for. Another inexpensive option is 4711. It has moved into my top tier, along with Speick. I picked up a bottle of 4711 for just over $4 shipped from Amazon a week or so. I don't know if that price is still available, but I doubt you will find a better value.

Yup at the grocery, pharmacys, wallmarts you should be able to find some of the following... Aqua Velva(Cool Blue, Musk, or Ice Sport), Old Spice(Original, Fresh, Pure Sport), Gillette Coolwave, Adidas Dynamic Pulse, Stetson Cooling, Afta Lotion(Blue & Green), Skin Bracer, Brut, Pinaud.

At the dollar type stores Barbasol Pacific Rush & Brisk, Ivy Club, Skin Bracer, Generic Brut(can't remember what its called).

And if you get over towards Payson they have some pretty good antique stores!

Jay

Last edited:
Another for the Barbasol Pacific Rush. What a kick of menthol, feels great, and smells nice, but fades and is not over powering.

Have yet to join the Clubman "club" yet... I keep looking at it at the store though...

Doesn't Amazon offer free shipping on purchases over $25? Maybe you could bundle some things together and make a buy. Make sure that your purchases qualify for the free "super saver shipping," and remember to choose that option at checkout.

Another vote for Barbasol Pacific Rush, it has a hell of a menthol kick and ya can't beat $1.65 for 5oz. But that is assuming you don't have dry skin and dig alcohol, otherwise try Nivea.

...Barbasol Pacific Rush...

Another for the Barbasol Pacific Rush. What a kick of menthol, feels great, and smells nice, but fades and is not over powering.

Another vote for Barbasol Pacific Rush, it has a hell of a menthol kick and ya can't beat $1.65 for 5oz. But that is assuming you don't have dry skin and dig alcohol, otherwise try Nivea.

+1. Barbasol Brisk is also a sure winner. It's allegedly a perfect clone of Skin Bracer.

I just bought a bottle each of barbasol pacific rush and brisk from dollar general for $1.75 each and I stopped by family dollar and picked up a bottle of Ivy club spice, old spice clone, for $1.75 as well.

Top Bottom