What's new

Barbers Box?

I think these look very classy sitting in the bathroom.
To those who have them, where can I get one?
I have seen a few on the internet but they are SUPER expensive.
Any other place to get them for a reasonable cost?

I've never heard of a barber's box. What are they? Do you have any example pics?

Pretty much a wooden box to store your shaving supplies in, comes in a lot of different shapes style and so on... I'd like to get one but I do not want to shell out hundreds of $'s for one.

proxy.php

proxy.php

I just use a nice Artuero Fuente cigar box. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, fancy or plain. Usually they cost a couple bucks at a a Tobaccoonist but if you buy a handful of cigars and ask for one they will usually give ya one for free. You could add divides to the inside if you so desired altho I haven't.

Jay

Those look like the box I inherited from my dad for his gentlemen's jewelry: tie tacks, chains & bars, money clips, cuff links, rings, etc. The inside dividers can be changed.

I just use a nice Artuero Fuente cigar box. They come in a variety of shapes and sizes, fancy or plain. Usually they cost a couple bucks at a a Tobaccoonist but if you buy a handful of cigars and ask for one they will usually give ya one for free.
Yeah, I'm just starting to explore the world of fine cigars. Some cigars come in very impressive wooden boxes, lined with Spanish cedar, some with dividers. Just look at some of these.

Looking for even less expensive alternatives? You can get 10 empty pressboard cigar boxes for $10 here or here, or 10 empty nice wooden cigar boxes for $20 here or here.

I always see a lot of cigar boxes at antique stores when I am there...Usually pretty cheap as well. The cigar store idea is a good one though too.

You should be me...I am looking for something like this only I am looking for an antique Japanese box to turn into a "barber's" box or into my own little shaving box. Every single one I have come across has been 500+ dollars heh.

I picked up a couple of nice Wood cigar boxes at a antique market for 4.00 a piece.

Last edited:
I'd second cigar boxes.

However, I use a wooden wine cellaring box, stained and lacquered with a rubber matting inside.

I'd love to see the boxes you guys use, could make a cool thread. Right now I don't use one but am on the lookout for just the right thing.

As to cigar boxes, I've owned a bunch over the years. I still have one from Cuba (amazing stogies btw...shush don't tell on me :innocent: ). I once worked for a cigar store and we always had a stock of empties for sale, the nicer the box the higher the price though. People would snatch em up quick. While you are there, take a look around the humidor for boxes that only have a couple cigars left in them as they will be for sale usually within a few days. And yes, usually if you spend more than 20 bucks most will give you an empty box if you ask nicely.

If you don't mind the price tag you could always buy a cigar humidor box. They're classy and can be had for 25 bucks on up to the stars.

Top Bottom