What's new

College Football

Nothing makes me miss America like the start of the college football season. I'm an Indiana native, and a Notre Dame fan. Does anyone know any online webstreams that offer NBC? I know of Vidoo, and while it offers ESPN, CBS, and I beleive ABC, it doesn't not have ESPN. Or, does anyone know if NBC offers an online subscription? I

Nothing makes me miss America like the start of the college football season. I'm an Indiana native, and a Notre Dame fan. Does anyone know any online webstreams that offer NBC? I know of Vidoo, and while it offers ESPN, CBS, and I beleive ABC, it doesn't not have ESPN. Or, does anyone know if NBC offers an online subscription? I

No idea about the online stuff -- most schools offer streaming audio at least on their athletics sites (mostly for a fee) -- but I had no idea you were from Indiana. I love college football -- unfortunately, we're a "basketball school" in Bloomington.

Hey, Brady Quinn... gonna' save the Browns?

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
Anything I need to know about college football, I just ask here. Our resident expert will handle any queries, when he's done interviewing the cheerleading squad. :biggrin:

No idea about the online stuff -- most schools offer streaming audio at least on their athletics sites (mostly for a fee) -- but I had no idea you were from Indiana. I love college football -- unfortunately, we're a "basketball school" in Bloomington.

Hey, Brady Quinn... gonna' save the Browns?

A Hoosier through and through. I grew up about 30 minutes away from the high school that the movie Hoosiers was based on. '1954 State Champs' is still painted on the town water tower!

As for Brady Quinn, I hate to admit it, and I hope I'm proved wrong, but he has NFL bust written all over him. And there is no shortage of people who love to see a Notre Dame quarterback flame out.

ND! ND! ND!

I hope the D turns around this year.

GOOOOO IRISH, BEeeeAT EVERYONE.

SEPT 1st!

Good to hear there's another Irish fan in the house. I am looking forward to September first. I'm going to have to stay up for kickoff until 4:30 am! That is, if I can find a place to watch it.

My father is an ND grad and my mother is a MSU spartan (odd combo, but better than a stinkin wolverine). Back in their day, MSU was a powerhouse, Bubba Smith and Duffy Dauherty and those 1950s and single 1965 ntl championship, those were the days. Now with Dantonio, hopefully, the program will begin an overhaul from JL Smith. MSU always gives ND trouble, hopefully so, with this slob of a coach Weiss at the helm. Quinn is a Willingham recruit, and Willingham recruited him for NCAA, not NFL. Like Couch at NEB and so many others.

I also hope Colorado starts to become a better program, like the early 90s with Stewart and Salaam and McCarthy. Thats a real pipe dream, though. CU is a mess in general and athletics, besides skiing, have been in a decline for a long time.

Ntl championship game prediction: USC v. Michigan (booo)

I'm an Indiana native, and a Notre Dame fan. Does anyone know any online webstreams that offer NBC? I know of Vidoo, and while it offers ESPN, CBS, and I beleive ABC, it doesn't not have ESPN. Or, does anyone know if NBC offers an online subscription? I

You mean it doenst offer NBC? Because ESPN has ESPN 360, you can get it all. No idea on NBC, NBCsports.com should have a stream.

Good to hear there's another Irish fan in the house. I am looking forward to September first. I'm going to have to stay up for kickoff until 4:30 am! That is, if I can find a place to watch it.

Ouch, sory to hear you're so far away. I'll only be a few feet from the action. (Law student)

So, Weiss and God have a fight, who wins?

Trick Question, Weiss is god.

Just thought I would point out that Boston College is # 2 in 2 National Polls and #3 in 2 others. They are #1 by far in GPA and graduating students from the rest of the top 25.

-Scott
(Red Sox Nation/Patriot Nation and a travel visa <from UMASS> to Boston College Nation

That is all fine and good for BC, but I want everybody to also consider who is now #1. Go Bucks!
That said, it is an odd year indeed. ND is doing horribly. Michigan lost to Appalachian State, and OSU is #1 when their only ranked opponent thus far has been Purdue (who are no longer ranked), and have been kicking the butts of fearsome opponents like Kent State and Akron! As much as I hate to say it (because I love the Bucks), I'm sensing another trip to the big game only to have their butts handed to them again on a platter.

How about the University of Kansas (KU) at #15 in two polls, and at #13 in the BCS (the computer ranking portion of that puts us at #8!)??? Whoo lordy, seeing how far we've come even since I got here three years ago is just amazing. Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

S

sullivanpm

That is all fine and good for BC, but I want everybody to also consider who is now #1. Go Bucks!
That said, it is an odd year indeed. ND is doing horribly. Michigan lost to Appalachian State, and OSU is #1 when their only ranked opponent thus far has been Purdue (who are no longer ranked), and have been kicking the butts of fearsome opponents like Kent State and Akron! As much as I hate to say it (because I love the Bucks), I'm sensing another trip to the big game only to have their butts handed to them again on a platter.
By USF who is playing the best football in the country. IMHO
BTW
War Eagle
class of 2000

I have lived in border states to Indiana most of my life (MI and now IL) My motto has always been "Welcome to Indiana--set your watch back 30 years.")

But seriously, my ND fan...TRUST me...this is one year it's not too bad to be away from good old NBC. Do you want the good news first or the bad news? The good news is that ND is 6-0. The bad news is that Charlie Weiss is still the coach.

But what do I, a Spartan fan have to celebrate, anyway?

All kidding aside-- ND has a great tradition that I hope they manage to reclaim soon. Wonder what Gerry Faust is up to these days...

Until the 25th, anyway....

-Mo

That was some game. At least the last 2:11 or whatever it was. I watched it on and off through the game and BC looked done. Just amazing that they pulled that one out.

I liked the stat put up at the end of the game that VT is 13-3 on Thursday nights and all 3 loses have been to BC.

How are you this morning Mo? An all around fine night for Boston fans I'm thinking.

Ah heck. That was special. If BC had just beaten us the whole time it would have hurt less. But to outplay a team the whole game, just to have them suddenly pull it together, and our defense suddenly fall apart, in the last two minutes has to be the most painful way ever to loose a game.

I just do not get who our defense owned BC most of the game, and then suddenly couldn't do anything at the end. (And yes, I am aware that their defense had a sold hold on us the whole game.)

-Mo

Top Bottom