What's new

Making a Tech more aggressive without shims for FREE!

Very simple sollution to those that want a more aggressive CHEAPO razor.

BEFORE = milder than baby soap in the eyes:thumbdown:thumbdown.

proxy.php

proxy.php

Afterwards I trimmed off a couple of MM's =a way more aggressive razor, all for the princely sum of NADA.:thumbup::thumbup:

proxy.php

proxy.php

Left a nice gap and it works like a charm, turns a mild into a wild.

proxy.php

What I did was took the base plate and sandwiched it inbetween the jaws of a vice clamp and very gently turned the handle until it ever so slightly bent the safety bar back a couple of mm's, so about 1mm-/+ either side.

It shaves like a Futur on a 6 now, not too shabby for ZERO moolah:thumbup::thumbup:.

It looks like you are measuring from 1mm in the before and from -1mm in the after.

It does look like it must admit,but in the first picture the ruler has a bend in it and it slightly lifted up on the surface when i snapped the picture, so it looks odd.

Wow Nice work, I always Wondered about that, but its confirmed it does work, Thanks for the tip and taking one for the team :thumbup1:

Wow! Thanks for the idea! Now I can quit giving them away to guys at work. Seems they favor them for something called "manscaping". Less chance of nicking a vital spot, or anything at all for that matter.

Wow! Thanks for the idea! Now I can quit giving them away to guys at work. Seems they favor them for something called "manscaping". Less chance of nicking a vital spot, or anything at all for that matter.

Whoa now, too much information......... :biggrin:

Interesting idea, but I would rather use shims: the aggressiveness level can be tweaked quite a bit by adding, or subtracting shims, and the procedure doesn't run the risk of ruining an otherwise functional razor.

Don't need a vise for this, just an Old with a badly split handle:lol:

Attachments

• $tech mod 002.jpg
    $tech mod 002.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 118
  • $tech mod 003.jpg
    $tech mod 003.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 118
Top Bottom