What's new

Just Built IT!!!!

Gave up trying to find what I wanted out and about so I finally spent some time in the shop and built this wall mounted soap and shave rack !!!!!! I have to figure out how to take pictures a little better so ya can see the brush holders that are mounted on the sides I put four of the Vulfix brush stands on it 2 per side. The best part is that I actually made it out of a few scrap pieces of cedar that I had left over after I had a deck built this summer so the cost was only my time and some screws and glue... :smile:

Glen

Love the soap bowls! I have to say, they do look a little nicer than my Anchor bowl with plastic tops! (and pvc tubs!)

That's looking very nice (classy soap bowls too). Well done, Glen. :thumbup:

Why thank you, I thought so too!!!! when I found them at the local Walmart.... Those are Anchor Hocking Sugar bowls put to a much better use :sneaky2: $2.37 each at Wally World the best part is you can just place them in boiling water and put any meltable soap in there and it works out perfect, no zapping, no muss, no fuss.... and the tops keep the scent better... My next challenge is to make a razor holder for the straights that fits into a drawer Hmmmmmmmm!!!! thinking almost like a silverware tray.... Any ideas????

G

My next challenge is to make a razor holder for the straights that fits into a drawer Hmmmmmmmm!!!! thinking almost like a silverware tray.... Any ideas????
Yeah, that might work. The specially made straight razor boxes tend to be expensive. Another thing that might work is some sort of vertical holder, like a toothbrush or test tube holder, although it would need to be for thick toothbrushes or test tubes...

Or perhaps something like what Taz has, some sort of board with holes/pits in the bottom for the tail and a pin on the backing board to lean the razor against.

Why thank you, I thought so too!!!! when I found them at the local Walmart.... Those are Anchor Hocking Sugar bowls put to a much better use :sneaky2: $2.37 each at Wally World the best part is you can just place them in boiling water and put any meltable soap in there and it works out perfect, no zapping, no muss, no fuss.... and the tops keep the scent better... My next challenge is to make a razor holder for the straights that fits into a drawer Hmmmmmmmm!!!! thinking almost like a silverware tray.... Any ideas????

G

Nice rack! Love the bowls.

For the straights, consider a couple of possibilities. I parts bin from a hardware store, or a compartmented fishing supplies box from a sporting goods store with the lid removed. Fit those into a drawer.

Very Nice! Love the bowls. My wife would probably hang me if I did something like that!

Question: what are those blue medicine looking bottles on the top shelf?

Patrick

Very Nice! Love the bowls. My wife would probably hang me if I did something like that!

Question: what are those blue medicine looking bottles on the top shelf?

Patrick

Ogalalla bay rum products in the blue bottles, I am a bay rum freak :001_unsur IMHO he has some of the best smelling bay rum I have found, real old fashioned smelling, I'm not an expert but I have just about every bay rum you can find out there and his aftershave is still my favorite scent. Speaking of which is there anyone out there that can recommend a bay rum shave creme????? thanks

Glen

Top Bottom