What's new

Something similar to Tom Ford Oud Wood?

I am really enjoying my sample of TF Oud Wood and was curious if anyone can recommend something similar. If it helps I am finding that I prefer woody scents...

Ha!

I've heard this but there is something about TF Oud wood I like...

BTW...what is Oud like and what scents that highlight Oud would you recommend?

There is nothing quite like a pure oud oil. Montale comes closer than any other I've smelled. Even then you will not be prepared for what an artisanal Oud smells like.

I just bought Montale Dark Aoud and I find it somewhat similar to Oud Wood. Main difference being the oud note sticks around longer. A stronger scent overall. I tend to wonder if TF is getting traction with Oud Wood that made Montale do a similar variation.

Dark Aoud is a relatively new release from Montale. Kind of linear. Oud and sandalwood. I quite like it. Oud Wood wears a bit light on me. Dark Aoud hangs around. Still new to it so not sure how well it projects yet.

I'm not generally a "layering" guy, but Dark Aoud may combine well with Oud Wood. If you like that note in the open of Oud Wood, you should try Dark Aoud. much cheaper than Oud Wood too. But sample first. I'm still getting to know it and it may not smell all that much like the TF.

BTW, the dude in Scent Bar had some true oud oils he let me try. Good, strong stuff.
May be too intense for me.

Last edited:
There is a Oud Wood knock off out there that does a good job. A number of folks here have used both and I can attest that it is indeed very similar. I'll see if i can't find the name.

Tom Ford's Oud Wood is absolutely fantastic. As noted, it smells nothing like real oud, but for some of us, that is a plus! (Ducks for cover). The western interpretations of oud smell great for the most part, but have absolutely nothing to do with the real stuff.

As far as a similar frag goes, there is a knock off of it by Surrati, which I believe is what Josh is referring to. It is VERY close, but to the discerning nose, the use of white musk is much more prevalent in the dup and it is ever so slightly sweeter. Well done for a knock off, but without making the mistake of expressing my opinion on the duplication business as I have done previously, it suffices to say that I will not patronize that establishment.

Another option is M7 by YSL. I haven't sniffed it in quite some time, but if I recall, it is similar.

Tom Ford's Oud Wood is absolutely fantastic. As noted, it smells nothing like real oud, but for some of us, that is a plus! (Ducks for cover). The western interpretations of oud smell great for the most part, but have absolutely nothing to do with the real stuff.

As far as a similar frag goes, there is a knock off of it by Surrati, which I believe is what Josh is referring to. It is VERY close, but to the discerning nose, the use of white musk is much more prevalent in the dup and it is ever so slightly sweeter. Well done for a knock off, but without making the mistake of expressing my opinion on the duplication business as I have done previously, it suffices to say that I will not patronize that establishment.

Another option is M7 by YSL. I haven't sniffed it in quite some time, but if I recall, it is similar.

Tom Oudh? Or something like that?

Exactly right, Surrati makes the Tom Oudh.

Top Bottom