What's new

Did you have a toy shaving kit as a child?

I did, I remember it had a disposable type plastic razor and a can of cream. And that's what I ended up starting with for real when it came time.

proxy.php

Anyone else?

I did not. It was a treat for my Dad to lather up my face and let me shave with his super speed with no blade. My 8 year old son has a toy plasic razor . an old vdh brush , and a plastic cup with an elephant on it with a bar of my wife's dove soap mashed into it,

I did have. Don't recall it lasting very long, but the razor part was in the form of a DE.

Last edited:
I did. I think it had Richie Rich on it. There was a fake can of shaving cream, a razor, and fake cartridges. My dad let me use his foam cream and "shave" with it the night I got it. Needless to say, it was awesome!

The SWMBO and the little one found this in the store the other day and my boy couldn't wait to get home and set up his new "kit" next to all my shave den stuff. He's something else.. just need to get him away from the canned goo..

Attachments

• $BatmanGear.jpg
    $BatmanGear.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 57
No, I didn't. Once in a while, my dad would let me smear some canned Barbasol foam on my face and "shave" with a Bic disposable with the guard left on. If I was really adventurous, I would use a "straight" which was a wooden ruler with a metal edge.

I remember having one in the late '50s. A brush with a puck of soap in a tiny plastic mug and a DE style razor. I spent most of my time making new 'blades' out of pieces of cardboard with old manicure scissors given me by my aunt. Kinda nifty.

I had a yellow plastic DE razor with a package of fake blades, a small tube of shave cream (I think it was real) and a clear plastic aftershave bottle filled with yellow colored water. The tube and AS were labeled but darned if I remember the name. Sometime around 1955. I'd forgotten about it until I read this thread.

I did and frankly it was one of my fondest childhood memories. Ironic my love for shaving all these years later.

No i didnt. But once then i was maybe 4 or 5, i thougt my dads de razor was one. Cut me in the face quite bad that time. Had no clue that you need shaving cream to. I stll have a very healthy respect for razorblades. ;-)

I never had a shaving kit, but I had my own shaving brush at my grandparent's house - my grandpa and I would both use them to clean our glasses at the sink every morning. He passed when I was about 5, and that's pretty much the only memory I have of him.

(Yes, I was the nerdy 4-year-old with glasses strapped to his head!)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I didn't, but for some reason I just remembered the candy cigarettesand bubble gum cigars we used to buy. Who ever thought those were a good idea?

Top Bottom