What's new

Injector Bliss

I've been using a DE for about a month now and have been getting BBS shaves, but with irritation on the neck. Enough so that I shave every other day. Got an assortment of Schick injectors yesterday (thanks ras120) and some blades. Decided I'd try this morning. Usual prep; hot shower, wet face and pre-shave oil, using Proraso cream whipped up in a bowl. Loaded a Personna 74 tungsten and started. First impression - a lot of pulling and wasn't cutting very well at all. Flattened the angle out to almost nothing and tried again. WOW. Did a three pass shave and stopped. Not quite a BBS, but no irritation whatsoever. A little clean-up would have rendered a BBS. I'm not going to get rid of my DE razors yet, as I think I will finally progress enough that I don't get any irritation, but I now have a go-to razor.

If you haven't tried an injector, go for it. I think you will be impressed.

I have a love/hate relationship with injectors. I've always gotten a good shave from them, but I do get a lot of tugging for the first 1 or 2 passes. I'll try flattening the angle next time.

I find Injector blades not as sharp as DE blades, especially Feather's. The Schick Injector (type N) I own also lacks feedback. I can get a safe DFS out of it, but for a BBS I have to work too much and it's not guaranteed I won't get razor burns.

Which model is considered the best? Type E?

Last edited:
I'm loving my E-type after eight good shaves on a single Personna 74 blade. I understand this is one of the more aggressive models. I'm swinging for the bleachers on this blade, using it 4x per week (M-Th), so I'm hoping for 12, 16, 20 or more good shaves. I get my standard 3+ pass BBS very easily, and I must say a little more quickly than with a DE.

Loaded and ready for next trials: L-type Stick Schick. I'm saving Tom's favorite I2 Hydromagic for dessert!

Eventually I'll try my Type I1 Schick. I just haven't ordered any blades for it yet because I'm too busy working my way through all of my other SEs. If only I could find some blades locally.

I'm loving my E-type after eight good shaves on a single Personna 74 blade. I understand this is one of the more aggressive models. I'm swinging for the bleachers on this blade, using it 4x per week (M-Th), so I'm hoping for 12, 16, 20 or more good shaves. I get my standard 3+ pass BBS very easily, and I must say a little more quickly than with a DE.

Loaded and ready for next trials: L-type Stick Schick. I'm saving Tom's favorite I2 Hydromagic for dessert!
I've got a Chinese Schick loaded into a standard handle L for tomorrow morning, this will be number 6 for it. The I2 with a P74 is a great choice for desert!

Injectors rock. I just purchased some Tungsten Personnas and used my favorite I2....awesome shave! I don't know how anyone could NOT like injectors...They are so simplistic, almost...hate to say it....boring. Yet I still am pulled to them....

Just had a shave with my Hydromagic. Flattening the angle does the trick. Love the injector shaves.

So what kind of blades can we get for these? I have some Schick's that come on a yellow card also an injector of 20 that looks like it was made for processing microscope specimens. Like the Schicks, the others not so much.

Top Bottom