1) Feather
2) Astra SP
2) Dorco (blue pack)
3) Derby Extra
4) Personna Reds
5) Bic Chrome Patinum
6) Lord Stainless
7) Gilette 7 O'clock yellows

My favorite has been the Personna Reds, sharp and oh so smooth. I would really like to try the Med Preps, and Lab Blues. Since I like the Reds so much, should I just go ahead and buy the others? I hear the Med Preps are even nicer than the reds.

I am going to retry the Feathers, now that my prep and technique has improved.

Thanks for input!

Jon

Of all the blades I've tried, the Reds beat them all (yes, even Feathers). They've given me the best shaves ever.

Astra Green box SP... Going to try P-reds next but Astra is working real good, but for the cost im actually going to say Derby always a DFS with them too

ah, how are you guys using the personnas? Those give me major razor burn. Maybe its a technique thing, but I've been using the other blades with no problems including the feathers!

I'm tied for favorite with ASR's Israeli Blues and their generic U.S.-made cousins. Tied for a close second are both flavors of Shark.

Iridium- sadly no longer being made. Thankfully I have nearly 100 left. I've been rotating them with a handful of others, hoping to have access to them for another seven or eight years.

My favorite so far is the Astra SP. Not including supermarket generic blades, all I have tried are the Red Personnna's and Crystal's. Both gave very close shaves, but the Astra SP I used today was so smooth AND close. I let my dad try the Astra and he said it felt like he was shaving without a blade in the razor it was so smooth. We areboth using Gillette 60's Super Speeds'. I have the WCS basic sampler pack, and have not tried the Derby or the Feather yet.

Iridium- sadly no longer being made. Thankfully I have nearly 100 left. I've been rotating them with a handful of others, hoping to have access to them for another seven or eight years.
I am looking forward to returning to again offer Iridium Super blades, I hope that in 25 days or so to do

I'm glad you found one you like. It's Astra SP blades for me. I don't know if it has anything to do with having super thick facial hair (not thick just as in there's a lot of it, thick as in each strand is pretty thick) but red IPs just pull and tug in every razor I've tried them in. Astras in my slim is just heaven for me.

Red IPs are a good blade but I don't find them as sharp and as a result only get 2-3 shaves out of them (probably due to a tough stubble). My go-to blade has been the feathers for quite some time (can get 3-4 decent shaves), although I would like to re-visit the 7 O'Clock yellows and also test out the med preps at some point. I think it also varies on the combination of razor to blade used as there are some razors I only use certain blades with. The feather blades can be used in most of my razors without consequence.

So far? Personna Lab Blue or Barber. Lab Blue are a tiny bit sharper, but cheaper unless I want to buy 250 at once. Even then its only $1.50 difference!

Red IP are pretty good, too. Not as sharp, but SMOOTH.

I think since I use an EJ89, I can get away with a very sharp blade because its so mild of a razor. Especially for my wire brush face. Have not (yet) tried Feathers, I have some in the lineup though.

I plan on ordering a few hundred Lab Blue so far. As long as I can get 2 more shaves out of the one I am on (4 total) I will be happy.

My favorite so far are the Gillette 7 o'clock yellows. I like Feathers and Crystals too. I have a list of several more blades I want to try, though.

I kinda like the red IP's too but from your list I prefer the Lord Super Stainless; they are my favs and, apart from Feathers, the only blade that can go ATG on the second pass for me.

Lots of YMMV on blades though.

Definitely try the Meds/Labs if you like the Reds. I have a very hard time deciding which I like best. So whenever I reorder, I suppose I'll order whatever I can get the best deal on in bulk.

Top Bottom