What's new

My First Injector Shave

I have been playing with DEs for 3 years now, and today I had my first "first" in a long time...an injector shave!

It went very well I must say. My set-up was a G type with a vintage Shick blade. I read in a few places these razors were aggressive, but I did not find that at all.

So the big question is...

what injector should I buy next???

The Schick Adjustable would be the best available choice for you. I have a nice rotation of injectors, many are hard to find and some are hard to find in good dependable condition. The Adjustable for obvious reasons is one of the best all around for any injector razor enthusiast. Among the collection to put on your wish list would be: the Paul Revere-my favorite, Easy Rider, Schick Stick-another favorite, The Grip, Repeater, Gillette Injector-only made one year and hard to find, Pal Adjustable-futuristic but hard to find in workable condition, Pal Injecto-matic which is a beautiful razor: IMHO these are my favorites and all are different but enjoyable. Doug

An E type that opens for cleaning or an I2 Hydro-magic that also opens for cleaning would be all I could add to dougr's recomendation. I used an E3 this morning and have a Pal Injectomatic cued up for tomorrow.

garyg

B&B membership has its percs
Congratulations Tom, welcome to the world of Injectors. There's a thread going right now with some great examples of different injectors ..

Here's my 2 ¢, for whatever reason I recall you as liking a more aggressive razor? If so, the earlier ones are better, after the G (with the obvious exception of the Adjustable M) I don't find them that effective for me, though I have everything up to but not including the elusive O model. The great thing about Schick's is their affordability, you can pick up almost any of them for much less than a single decent Fatboy.

Just bought a Shick 66 for my dad for his B-day coming up this year. Gonna shave with it myself when I got it, and one thing is true that others have said, they are cheap (cost-wise not quality-wise). My only problem will be, if I like this, how do I give it to my dad, and where will my RAD stop lol?

Just bought a Shick 66 for my dad for his B-day coming up this year. Gonna shave with it myself when I got it, and one thing is true that others have said, they are cheap (cost-wise not quality-wise). My only problem will be, if I like this, how do I give it to my dad, and where will my RAD stop lol?

Easy: buy yourself another one, or a collection of various injectors. Your RAD should stop at the bank (on the way to the antique store). :001_smile

Easy: buy yourself another one, or a collection of various injectors. Your RAD should stop at the bank (on the way to the antique store). :001_smile

Thanks to gents like you I will wonder why it feels like even with the raise I got with my promotion that it doesn't feel like I have more money in the bank ;) .

But yeah unfortunately my taste is rather expensive. I am certain that the injectors I end up wanting will be ones that are not so easy to obtain (like a working PAL adjustable :/ ). Oh well, thus far I really have only had AD's for soaps, creams and AS's...Maybe this will at least cure those for now ;) .

Thanks to gents like you I will wonder why it feels like even with the raise I got with my promotion that it doesn't feel like I have more money in the bank ;) .

I learned a good financial planning trick early in life. Came from having a CPA for a Dad:001_smile Save and invest at least half the net from your raises. That way over time you can accumulate some wealth. Now, if you choose to invest in collectibles, and you choose wisely, that may be a very good move.

Glad you enjoyed your injector shave. This is likely the one area left of wet shaving I have yet to explore. I only have one plain-Jane Schick upstairs, somewhere.

Top Bottom