What's new

Starter brush

I just received an old gillette adjustable razor and am looking at brushes. Was thinking about ordering one of two Edwin Jagger brushes from Best Grooming and Shaving. The first is the P36 Pure Badger - 21mm knot. The other I'm considering is the Best Badger Ebony Urn Shaving Brush in the 19mm knot. Better to go with the Best Badger brush in the smaller size or the Pure Badger in the larger size?

Thanks!

Chris

Either is fine for a starter brush.

The Omega Pro brushes are high quality starter brushes too.

After you get more experience and know what works for you, you're going to look for something to upgrade to.

The best thing to do is decide on a budget and choose the highest quality you can find within that price range.

I have a large brush, and even though I have large hands, it's still a little too big. I am definitely going with a smaller brush for my next purchase.

Thanks. I'm sticking to the $30-40 range for my first brush. Don't want to cheat myself by going too cheap, but I don't want to go too expensive, either.

Just got my Edwin Jagger Best Badger Ebony Urn Shaving Brush in today along with some bay rum Col. Conk soap. Ran it through a couple of rinse and lathers to get any smell out (wasn't much to begin with). Did my first shave with my gillette slim adjustable. Gotta say, I love it. Nice, smooth shave, though I did have to crank it up to 9 for my shave after a couple of passes at 1. Now to get a decent aftershave....

Franks Shaving Brushes off of eBay. I have one and it has become my favorite brush. You can get one for under $30 shipped.

Okay, I've worked out my schedule. Shaving every other evening works well for me. Evening because I am a horrible morning person and will sleep as late as possible. And I slap on some more aftershave lotion in the morning. Seems to work well.

And I'm definitely hooked. Just put in a bid on a 1966 Gillette Super Speed - that will make my second razor purchase within two weeks if I win it.

Okay, I've worked out my schedule. Shaving every other evening works well for me. Evening because I am a horrible morning person and will sleep as late as possible. And I slap on some more aftershave lotion in the morning. Seems to work well.

And I'm definitely hooked. Just put in a bid on a 1966 Gillette Super Speed - that will make my second razor purchase within two weeks if I win it.

Get a brush yet? Last day to sign up to win one.

http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showthread.php/245923-Newbie-Badger-Brush-PIF-(CONUS-only)

Thanks. Got one - Edwin Jagger Best Badger. Liking it, though I do foresee a silvertip in my future; however, I'll probably wait til the best badger is broken in.

Thanks. Got one - Edwin Jagger Best Badger. Liking it, though I do foresee a silvertip in my future; however, I'll probably wait til the best badger is broken in.

Good choice! I've owned one since a couple of years ago and it's a very good "allround" brush.

Top Bottom