What's new

noob blade observations

I've been wet shaving with a cart for years, but recently made the switch to DE with an EJ de89l. I ordered a blade sampler pack along with it. I have been trying a different blade each switch. I would consider my technique as sound based on lack of nicks or irritation and the closeness of my shaves. I'm replacing each blade after 4 shaves since my beard is average and I don't shave my goatee. All shaves have been with either Proraso/Bigelow cream or Proraso soap (2 shaves with each) and the same razor to try to minimize other factors.

I've tried a Derby Extra, 7 O'Clock Platinum, Blue Bird, Astra, and now a Treet Platinum. I couldn't really tell the difference between any of the until the Treet. The Treet just seemed to take more effort to get the results than the others. I'll know more tomorrow after another run.

I've still got Feathers and several others to try from my sampler, but I think I've finally reached the point where I can tell the difference between blades. I'm keeping a log to track my thoughts on each one so when it comes time for my next order, I'll get what works.

Thanks for all the guidance!!

Cheers

Top Bottom