What's new

A great business

I hope this is an ok thing to post. It is just when you find someone like this providing the kind of customer service he does you have to let people know about it.:biggrin:

One thing I wanted to mention and I hope this doesn't get anyone mad or upset. I had seen, touched and heard about the Merkur Vision and feel in love with it. I liked the idea of being able to adjust it and the way the top opens to except a new blade. So I found a place on the net to order it from, yes I know it is available all over the net, but I chose this place out of NY. Why because I am a New Yorker and wanted to support this business. Well I called and ordered my Merkur Vision, now I was fat dumb and happy. Then I read some reviews here and at B&B and after reading them had a lot of questions. So I shot a short email to the gentleman and I repeat gentleman that I had just called explaining to him that I was still new at this and had some questions. This guy did NOT ignore me nor did he even bother with an email. He called me right away to talk to me and provide advice. He listened to what I liked about the Vision and why I ordered it. He then suggested a much less expensive Merkur razor, saving me over $70. Then when he sent the one he suggested he added free samples. I wish I knew just one other business that would provide me that kind of customer service. *Thank you Lee* BTW I could not be happier with my razor, well maybe if the top opened like the Vision and still had a long handle.:smile:

I hope this is an ok thing to post. It is just when you find someone like this providing the kind of customer service he does you have to let people know about it.:biggrin:

One thing I wanted to mention and I hope this doesn't get anyone mad or upset. I had seen, touched and heard about the Merkur Vision and feel in love with it. I liked the idea of being able to adjust it and the way the top opens to except a new blade. So I found a place on the net to order it from, yes I know it is available all over the net, but I chose this place out of NY. Why because I am a New Yorker and wanted to support this business. Well I called and ordered my Merkur Vision, now I was fat dumb and happy. Then I read some reviews here and at B&B and after reading them had a lot of questions. So I shot a short email to the gentleman and I repeat gentleman that I had just called explaining to him that I was still new at this and had some questions. This guy did NOT ignore me nor did he even bother with an email. He called me right away to talk to me and provide advice. He listened to what I liked about the Vision and why I ordered it. He then suggested a much less expensive Merkur razor, saving me over $70. Then when he sent the one he suggested he added free samples. I wish I knew just one other business that would provide me that kind of customer service. *Thank you Lee* BTW I could not be happier with my razor, well maybe if the top opened like the Vision and still had a long handle.:smile:

Neat post!

One thing I well mention however - it does depend which razor he recommended to you. Personally, I think the vision is one of the best DE razors out there, and although there are 1, or arguably 2 DE razors as good, or possibly a bit better, there are none that offer as great, or robust a range as the Vision. PERSONALLY, I am quite a fan of the Vision, and I have owned EVERY single Merkur DE, save for the new 38C, and for me personally, the Merkur Vision, and the Merkur Slant are at the top of the pile.

Hope this helps!

When you say " thanks Lee", is that Lee from Leesrazors.com? If so, I've heard he is great to deal with.

Top Bottom