What's new

An heirloom from my grandfather.

I already put this in the vintage after shaves thread but I thought I'd post it here as I have a couple of questions about it.

This was my grandfather's aftershave bottle. I remember him using this when I was small. He passed away a month or so ago and my mom brought this to me. Even though the bottle is empty the scent of the aftershave is still very noticeable when you sniff the end of the bottle. The scent is great. I'd love to find an A/S that smelled like this.

The cap is broken and I'd like to find a replacement. Does anyone have any ideas?

Does anyone know anything about this brand of aftershave?

BTW, my grandfather was in face a post man.

Last edited:
Wow pretty cool and sorry for your loss. I have my grandfathers superspeed, I never saw him use it though, he used an electric shaver. I would look around for different soda caps maybe. You might want to contact AVON and ask them about it or check eBay.

Foyle, condolances for your Grandfather. The Deep Woods fragrance by Avon (mild spicy green woods, I like it) has been discontinued for many years, but should be easy to find in various collectable decanters at the antique stores. Avon used various sized caps for these bottles, but you might find some that fit if you bring the broken cap with you to compare. I just checked my Extra Special Male decanter, and the cap from a standard 0.5 oz sample size of modern Coty aftershave (such as Stetson, Aspen, Adidas, etc) will fit the bottle just right.

I see a lot of those on ebay. Maybe you can find a cap on there even if you have to buy an entire new bottle. That is really cool too! I have my grandfathers Old Spice shave mug so I know what a warm feeling it is just having something like that around.

Just did a quick search "avon deep woods aftershave" and found quite a few full bottles (not the same bottle you have) for $8-14. Probably another $5 shipping though but you can still find it.

That is great, it is wonderful to have something of your Grandfather's to remember him by.

As far as the aftershave, I have seen some Deep Woods aftershave in antique stores. And I actually picked some up but needed to downsize my aftershave collection so I sold them on the BST about 6 months ago. You can probably find some on ebay as others have mentioned.

Thanks for your kind words guys. Actually Grey Wolf pm'd me last week and offered to swap me some of the Deep Woods after shave for some cream I had so I've got some on the way.

Top Bottom