What's new

My first antique store find

After reading Antique Hoosier's many flea market triumphs, I kept saying I was going to go hunting in some antique stores this summer. I finally made it out and I found this sweet cabbage cutter at an area antique store over the weekend. It's a Filarmonica Sub-Cero 14.

It was in good condition with just some light oxidation on the tang and pivot area. I took it apart, cleaned it up and honed it (It had some very tiny microchipping that honed out in minutes). Just shaved with it today... it was fantastic.

Pretty happy with this find for a first attempt.

There is some writing on the back of the tang that says "Rodriguez vaciador La Coruna". Would this be the name of a retailer that sold the razor?

Attachments

• $IMG_0221.jpg
    $IMG_0221.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 186
Damn! I've had a few good finds at the antiques stores, but nothing of this magnitude. Well done! I hope you got a good price on it.

Holly smokes! Very nice
For you first razor hunt you did extremely well. Doesn't even sound like it needed that much cleanup. I need to go shopping with you. Congrats and enjoy your new blade.

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I found this blade thrown in with a bunch of junkers, and of course it popped right out at me. It was like finding treasure. I tend to have bad luck with this type of stuff so it really made me happy.

Also... John, I like the copper scales too. I was really glad they weren't the funky light blue ones, but I wouldn't have turned it down if they were. :001_smile

Top Bottom