What's new

Shave Creams for airline carry-on

Why not shave soap? The restrictions are for liquids and gels, not for solids. A tub of Mama Bear should go through just fine, and not have to be put in the silly plastic baggie.

+1 When I first visited C&E, to start this little adventure, we call shaving, she asked if I traveled. When I said, "yes", she pointed me towards the soaps.

I only use a plastic bag of toiletries for int'l trips, so I can clean up a little, during a long flight. I've only ever gotten a cursory glance over the bag, but YMMV

-Jim

I can't seem to find one that's 3 ounces or less, per TSA travel regulations. I fly every week and am just starting to shave with DE, brush and cream, so I'd like to be able to continue every day instead of resorting to mach fusion and canned junk.

Thanks!

Speick comes in 2.5oz tubes and is cheap at around $6/tube.

I think Muhle Pinsel is also 2.5ozs, and possibly Musgo but I don't think so.

You can also get 2oz tubs of eshave creams, but they're much more expensive, I think around $14.

Otherwise, I think NB sells 1.5oz tubs of Nancy Boy for $5.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Try a soap instead! Mama Bear soap comes in plastic tubs great for travel, and with enough room to lather without another bowl (unless you have a big brush or are really messy ... )

OldSaw

The wife's investment
I thought this is what samples are for. I check my tube and carry on a few samples, should I absolutely have to shave before being reunited with my checked bag. I also carry a Colonel Conk almond shave soap.

However, last time I traveled I had all my carry on blades confiscated. So what was the gain of carrying on the cream?

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I thought this is what samples are for. I check my tube and carry on a few samples, should I absolutely have to shave before being reunited with my checked bag. I also carry a Colonel Conk almond shave soap.

However, last time I traveled I had all my carry on blades confiscated. So what was the gain of carrying on the cream?

Aye, there's the rub!

Exactly the info I needed. I suppose I'll just fill a small 2 ounce bottle with my shaving cream. I flew today with my DE and they didn't take my blade since it was already in the razor. On a 3 day trip, so probably won't need another blade. I just brought my old Walmart Williams soap with me. Don't like it much, but it will do this time...
thanks!

Exactly the info I needed. I suppose I'll just fill a small 2 ounce bottle with my shaving cream. I flew today with my DE and they didn't take my blade since it was already in the razor. On a 3 day trip, so probably won't need another blade. I just brought my old Walmart Williams soap with me. Don't like it much, but it will do this time...
thanks!

You can't count on them not taking the blade.

This video may help:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFNuV7vxZvA[/YOUTUBE]
I really like using the little 0.5 oz. paint containers for soap; works well for (short) travel or for making samples for someone.

--Mark

I've found that the inspections are very spotty. Sometimes they grab the blades; sometimes they don't. What I've taken to doing is to put a package of blades in my checked luggage and just leave a fresh blade in my Merkur travel razor. The last time I flew, the inspectors looked right at the razor and never noticed there was a blade mounted. Ignorance works for you sometimes, but the experience didn't do much to make me feel safer.

Gene.

OldSaw

The wife's investment
thanks!

You can't count on them not taking the blade.

...or the cream if it is not in a manufacturer's labeled container.

Top Bottom