What's new

Simpson M7 makes its debut...

Dear Simpson Shaving Brush Enthusiast,

We are delighted to introduce the Gary Young Signature Series, Limited Edition M7 Simpson silvertip badger shaving brush. The brush handle will be available in two colours, namely Light & Dark Tortoiseshell.

This brush will be only available through direct purchase from our website www.simpsonshavingbrushes.com & is priced at £159.95 + VAT & postage (regionally dependant).

The brushes will be sold on a first come, first served basis. We will only be permitting the sale of one brush per individual.

The brush will be on sale Wednesday 10th August 2011 at 16.00 hrs (4pm) GMT.

Thank you for your interest.

She is pretty. Going to hold off though as I am currently rotating my ADs.

Attachments

• $M7.jpg
    $M7.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 432
Man, GBP 160 + VAT + postage puts the thing close to or over US$ 300! I don't know, but those are a lot of clams for a brush that has yet to see the light of day! I'm out.

The latest pic of the M7's. Come Wednesday I'll be placing my order for one! The hardest part will be choosing which colour!

Attachments

• $002.jpg
    $002.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 611
:lol:

Which one are you on now? Is there a schedule? :lol:

If you must know, currently I'm binging on more straights. I spent most of the early months of 2011 stocking up on brushes. Next up is likely going to be an expansion to my hone collection and FPs. After that, I guess I'll go back to soaps and aftershaves (they tend to stick together).

Beautiful, but unless I have a change of heart, I don't think I'll be buying one. It's just too much money to spend on a brush...I have six in my rotation that are all real winners.

I prefer the lighter one myself, but I think I'll be sitting this one out. Two Simpsons (Rover and Eagle G3 in Best) bought over the past week will tie me over a bit.:wink2:

Certainly doesn't sound like much of a deal to me (which this forum is for)

My M&F additions have cured me of any more SBAD!

:confused1

Why? There are plenty of high priced brushes out there. What makes this a rip off?

Probably not.

A basic supply curve would indicate that there are a lot more Duke 3
There are many more than $300 brushes, yet there are more Omega 49 Pros out there than both the GYLE or Dukes.

Personally, I would have to hit the lottery in a pretty big way to consider a shave brush at this price. YMMV.

Probably not.

A basic supply curve would indicate that there are a lot more Duke 3
There are many more than $300 brushes, yet there are more Omega 49 Pros out there than both the GYLE or Dukes.

Personally, I would have to hit the lottery in a pretty big way to consider a shave brush at this price. YMMV.

I didn't really say that there were more high priced brushes being sold than there are low priced brushes being sold. I said there were plenty of high priced brushes - Simpsons, Rooney, Plisson and other companies all have high priced brushes. And they sell them. Being high priced does not equal a rip off.

I was asking for clarification as to why this specific brush was a rip off, since johnmets32 didn't really provide any more information than his one liner.

Well, rip off or not, I just ordered one. I look forward to receiving it. SBAD is really bad this month, this is the 3rd!

Top Bottom