What's new

Bacon Poll #2 -- Crispy or soft cooked?

Bacon Poll #2 -- Crispy or soft cooked

• Crispy

• Medium (harder, almost crispy)

• Soft

• Art is King!

Results are only viewable after voting.
You've all been waiting for it so here it is!

Bacon Poll #2 -- Crispy or soft cooked.

Not much to say about this one, either you like it soft or crispy.
Yes there are varying degrees of soft or crisp, let's not get hung up on the small details.

Lets define crisp as: You can hold it out and it doesn't flop over. It remains completely straight.

Let's say soft is soft enough for the fat to be nice and moist.

I'll even throw in an in between for you guys. Let's call it Medium.

Crisp is usually how I like it.
But when I have the time, I do cook the bacon really slow, like for 30-45 minutes on low heat, that makes for an intense taste and a great "chewy" consistency.

Medium. I put my bacon on a cold cookie sheet, insert in a cold oven, then turn the heat to 450 degrees. By the time the oven hits that temp, they are done. Not curled up, has some crispness yet still meaty inside. Got this suggestion from Alton Brown, BTW.

I voted Art is King, because it's bacon man, is there really a wrong way to enjoy it? To quote Adam Richman, bacon is like God's bookmark.

You need an option for "I don't care, it's bacon". I actually like both. I love it when I go to a buffet breakfast and they have a big tray of bacon out because you can usually find some nice crispy slices and some soft, juicy slices.

You need an option for "I don't care, it's bacon". I actually like both. I love it when I go to a buffet breakfast and they have a big tray of bacon out because you can usually find some nice crispy slices and some soft, juicy slices.

Yes, that would have been a good idea.
Gents if you have a bacon poll idea, please feel free to post it.

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I voted Art is King, because it's bacon man, is there really a wrong way to enjoy it? To quote Adam Richman, bacon is like God's bookmark.

"Memo to self: must finish reading book without putting it down ... ate bookmark

"signed, God."

Top Bottom