What's new

Kriss Kross RAZOR takes Injector Blades

I am cleaning up some razors. Mostly odds and ends I've accumulated over the year from lots and junk stores.

I have two Kriss Kross razors with pivoting handles. One had a blade in it. Before selling these as collectibles or antiques I always remove old blades. For my safety while cleaning and to save a buyer from being grossed out.

Well, I noticed the blade looked familiar. Sort of. It is solid and has no spine. It looks like an injector blade.

So I grabbed a fresh injector and popped a fresh blade out. I opened the Kriss Kross and VOILA! it fits perfect.

I laid the new injector blade, which has two little holes in it, along side the blade I found in the Kriss Kross and they are exactly the same size.

Either some fellow realized injector blades fit in his Kriss Kross decades ago or the original blades made for these razors are the same style. Regardless, I'm taking it for a spin tonight.

The razors I have both have pivoting handles that will turn totally in line with the handle and stop at a few angles in between perpendicular. They are all metal and have a spring loaded top holding the blade and a tooth comb like a Barbasol DE or the New Muhle R41.

One of mine looks exactly like this one.

Go grab your Kriss Kross razors fellows, and try putting an injector blade in them!! :w00t:

Attachments

• $$(KGrHqQOKj!E26J262!qBNySThnSJg~~_12.jpg
    $$(KGrHqQOKj!E26J262!qBNySThnSJg~~_12.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 320
  • $$(KGrHqYOKigE3EQ6beOcBNySUKU!4g~~_12.jpg
    $$(KGrHqYOKigE3EQ6beOcBNySUKU!4g~~_12.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 311
  • $$(KGrHqF,!g8E2ed8DPPNBNySWdk2M!~~_14.jpg
    $$(KGrHqF,!g8E2ed8DPPNBNySWdk2M!~~_14.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 312
  • $$(KGrHqEOKiUE2+054RlGBNySVcJT9g~~_14.jpg
    $$(KGrHqEOKiUE2+054RlGBNySVcJT9g~~_14.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 311
I can't wait to hear how this turns out. This could open up a market for really inexpensive all-metal Injector type razors.

Well, I just just confirmed that an injector blade fits under the clamp perfectly and stays in place. I slopped some cream on an area of my neck that today's pitiful Rolls shave left stubbly and Voila!: Stubble is gone. I'll have to try a full shave tomorrow.

Interesting. I've seen a few of these at antique stores but never got one because of blade availability. I have a Keen Kutter that still has the cardboard insert in it that I'm going to sell soon, wonder if an injector blade would fit in it?

As far as I know Kriss Kross razor blades are NOT the same size as injectors. If position right an injector blade may fit into some of these razors. However, the original Kriss Kross blades had slightly different dimensions than injector blades. There are two blade stop points underneath the "clamp" that keep the razor blade from going back or moving around. Together, with the "clamp", they keep the blade in place. An injector blade is not wide enough, and has to rely on the "clamp" only to keep the blade secure.

As for Keen Kutter razors, they are similar to Christy razors and have a blade with what looks like hooks on either side of the back of the blade. There hooks are what keeps the blade in place. Christy, Keen Kutter, and Enders blades look almost the same (Except for Enders Speed Shaver blades)

As far as I know Kriss Kross razor blades are NOT the same size as injectors. If position right an injector blade may fit into some of these razors. However, the original Kriss Kross blades had slightly different dimensions than injector blades. There are two blade stop points underneath the "clamp" that keep the razor blade from going back or moving around. Together, with the "clamp", they keep the blade in place. An injector blade is not wide enough, and has to rely on the "clamp" only to keep the blade secure.

As for Keen Kutter razors, they are similar to Christy razors and have a blade with what looks like hooks on either side of the back of the blade. There hooks are what keeps the blade in place. Christy, Keen Kutter, and Enders blades look almost the same (Except for Enders Speed Shaver blades)

Point taken, but if an injector bade functions in it, than so what. We're looking to breath life back into razors that are thought to be nice paperweights. If you try an injector blade and it doesn't sit securely abandon experiment. If you have one with a solid clip that holds an injector securely, forge ahead. I hear what your're saying about the original proprietary blades being different. That being said I have been able to get an injector to fit securely and am about to go have a shower and shave with it.

If this works, then I have another option for using these blades and shaving with a beautiful antique razor.

I definitely see what your saying about the original blades being deeper and hooked to lock in. One of the Kriss Kross I have won't hold an injector blade securely. One side is solid and the other is loose. The other holds a blade square and true. I'm going to give it a whirl and report back.

Just because it's not the original blade doesn't mean it won't work. It may be a modification, but if the results are good that justifies the means.

I'm looking forward to having a Kriss Kross shave and trying out the diagonal angle for a pseudo slant shave,

I'm stoked that I can try one of these razors before passing it along in a lot of antiquated razors.

I definitely was NOT saying that you should not give it a go. I just wanted to point out that it was not an automatic, exact fit for those who may have thought so. I have used injector blades in some of these razors before myself.

If you have an original blade, you can take note of where the blade edge is suppose to be so you can get an idea of where to line up your injector blade.

Top Bottom