What's new

Feather 1200 - Who knows?

I wish I could offer more info Godan, but as we have mentioned, it seems to be somewhat of a mystery razor, I know when i saw it I just had to buy it, not knowing anything about it or even the brand to be totally honest, I always buy a razor IF i like the looks, not because of collectability value or even rarity, or not, just purely on whether I like it or not at the time.

I did some research on the #1200, and came up with a big fat ZILCH, so i guess like you, am interested to see what info could be found, I know it is a fairly mild razor, but with a shim or two it can be as aggressive as you could want it to be, like any razor. Always wished this was an open comb razor, as I'm rather partial to the OC and the shave that can be had from one.

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

The other Feather razor that really piques my interest is this one. It looks like a Gillette NEW or NEW De Luxe clone. I'd like to have it, but I can't quite swallow the seller's BIN price of $286.00.

Yes, I saw that, and the price seems a little nasty to me, too. Much like the Ikons now on Ebay, it would feel wrong to play into that sort of attitude on the part of sellers. Even so, it is a very interesting razor, and I would love to have it.
As KM-Instructor says, above, the Feather 1200 is quite mild. When I first used it this morning, the experience was reminiscent of my first shave with the Feather All Stainless. In both instances, I stopped shaving and looked at the razor to confirm that there was, indeed, a Feather blade in the thing. Then I felt my face to confirm that, yes, the whiskers were disappearing. After some fiddling, the Feather 1200 is comfortable for me with a trimmed blade as a shim. I hope somebody posts who knows more about the Feather 1200.

Does the end of your handle look like this?
If so I think I can shed some light on that part.

attachment.php

I wish it did, but the end of the handle has the word "Trademark," an image of two feathers and the word "Feather." Any help with this one...please? Godan

Sorry gentlemen. I guess I scrolled down the linked BST page too quickly or just had another senior moment.

Good luck on your hunt about this beautiful razor.

Top Bottom