What's new

Portugese Cream Battle

O' Melhor vs. Musgo Real vs. Top Secret.

Which one is best in hard water? How would you compare the three? Which one is best for a tough beard and I emphasize VERY hard water 14.5 grains per gallon. Which one smells the best and is best value for the money? Best at moisturizing? Glide? Lather?

For me, Musgo Real is the best in moisturising, and works best on a tough bear.
O Melhor has better scent, a "cologny" scent, along with Musgo (more "fern/vetyver").

Don't know about hard water (I have soft water), but O Melhor and Top Secret lather very easily, perhaps a tad better than Musgo (specially O Melhor, since Top Secret has a harder consistency). For the glide, I think the winner would be Top Secret.

Best value for money? Top Secret, absolutely. But overall, I think Musgo is superior to the other two (but pricier).

YMMV, as always.

Why is Musgo better for a tough beard than O' Melhor?
For me, Musgo Real is the best in moisturising, and works best on a tough bear.
O Melhor has better scent, a "cologny" scent, along with Musgo (more "fern/vetyver").

Don't know about hard water (I have soft water), but O Melhor and Top Secret lather very easily, perhaps a tad better than Musgo (specially O Melhor, since Top Secret has a harder consistency). For the glide, I think the winner would be Top Secret.

Best value for money? Top Secret, absolutely. But overall, I think Musgo is superior to the other two (but pricier).

YMMV, as always.

Why is Musgo better for a tough beard than O' Melhor?

Everytime I use it, Musgo seems to me that softens the bear a little more than "O Melhor".
Performance-wise, I think Musgo is a little bit superior to the oyher two.

As always... YMMV. :)

That's interesting because the ingredients in almost all three are very similar if not the same, especially when comparing O' Melhor to Musgo. THey both have three beard softening agents IMO: coconut oil, lanolin, and glycerin.
Everytime I use it, Musgo seems to me that softens the bear a little more than "O Melhor".
Performance-wise, I think Musgo is a little bit superior to the oyher two.

As always... YMMV. :)

My favorite of the three is Top Secret. I rub it directly on my face and then lather up.Great glide and cushion, and the Lanolin leaves my face very soft. I also find the light rose/flowery smell rather delightful.

My vote goes to Top Secret also.
No problems with the hard water here, a great smell (I don't care for Musgo scent but O Melhor is nice) and all in all a great performer - might be the lanolin, as I tend to prefer that.

Top Secret doesn't lather as well in hard water though I've heard. I think it's because it takes more water to make it lather than Musgo Real and especially more than O' Melhor since O' Melhor I've heard takes the least amount of water and it will still lather well. It's very flexible to the amount of water you give it, which is good for me.

Top Bottom