What's new

"The Samurai Secret" from "Rituals"

My wife went out and asked if she could bring me something, I said a pot of shaving soap like tabac would be nice. She comes home and bought me a pot of this rituals samurai secret 2 in 1 shaving cream/after shave balm. I wasn't to happy about it, she said modern people use this and even in Hollywood they use this rituals stuff, blah blah. I asked her if she could take it back but the next morning curiosity got the best of me (reviews on the rituals website were all saying how great this stuff is) and I decided to try the stuff. Wet the face with hot water and then some of this cream, don't need a lot of it, a little bit is enough.
So I started shaving and noticed how slippery this stuff is, it works quite good actually and for a second pass you don't even need to reapply, just go over it with a wet hand, it stays slick and greasy and shaves without any irritation like soap does after a couple of passes.
You do need to rinse the razor with hot water to remove the greasy stuff of it but it doesn't leave a residue like soap does. Be careful because the razor can get more slippery than it does using soap!!!
I did 2 passes and a lot of touchup, just moistening the face in between with a wet hand an no irritation whatsoever, rinsed and used a little bit of the product as after shave balm as stated in the instructions. To my big surprise it gave me the smoothest shave EVER and it left my face softer than ever too.....
I even noticed how shiny my razor was afterwards, no soap scum on it.
Now do I like it??? Yes and no, it does work wonderful and it would make a great travel product if you put some in a smaller container (it comes in a big and heavy glass container) but I miss my brush, the lathering and the traditional prep work.
Also you have to stay focused because this stuff is so slick, the first time I used it I got over confident and gave myself a small nick (user error).
I also shave my armpits with it, something that always gives me a little irritation but this time it went very smooth and so is the result.
Well that's about all I can tell about it so far except for the ingredients list:

Ingredients: aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, parafinum liquidum (mineral oil), ceteareth 20, phnoxyethanol, caprylic/capric triglyceride, isohexadecane, parfum/fragrance, myrtrimonium bromide, imidazoudinyl urea, hexyldecanol, hexyldecyl laurate, glyceryl stearate, methylparaben, allantoin, aloe barbadensis leaf juice, bisabolol, cyclopentasiloxane, triclosan, linalool, benzyl benzoate, butylparaben, ethylparaben, cetareth-12, cetyl palmitate, eugenol, butylphenyl methylproponal, farnesol, geraniol, helianthus annuus (sunflower) seed oil, isobutylparaben, limonene, propylparaben, citronellol, citral, coumarin, dmdm hydantoin, ocimum basilicum (basil) extract, zingiber officinale (ginger) root extract.

Yeah, all this parabens have me a little worried, I guess they want this stuff to stay fresh till the end of time...

Top Bottom