What's new

Your favorite Somerset Simpson brush, with pictures

Somehow, I think the Chubby series will prevail here, but hey what about those gorgeous Polo's, Tulip's, etc. Include age if you know it.

There is/was a vintage Simpson thread here. Have a look at it for some nice ideas.
I've always liked the Polo brushes from Simpson.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Seen before in an old SOTD thread, PJ3

proxy.php

Doug, gorgeous brush...if you really want to see a stunner persian, scroll through the thread above...the 'even' earlier somerset PJ's were wickedly curvaceous!!

Thanks Marc and Sameer for the older thread I had missed. I just love the older Simpson's between 1985-2005. Keep them coming if you have any to share with us. I know people talk about the quality of the badger hair in the mid to late '80s as being the golden age for best overall quality compared to current badger hair versions.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
Doug, gorgeous brush...if you really want to see a stunner persian, scroll through the thread above...the 'even' earlier somerset PJ's were wickedly curvaceous!!

Oh I know that shape, I'd love to find one! Thanks.

A T4 would be lovely...one way to go about it would be to contact Mark @ Vulfix directly. For an older Somerset type, I can only suggest keeping both eyes peeled...

My Somersets:
Chubby 1, 2 & 3 in Best.
Polo 8 & 12 in Super.

Attachments

• $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.01.09 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.01.09 PM.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 112
  • $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.02.05 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.02.05 PM.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 111
  • $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.01.41 PM.jpg
    $Screen Shot 2011-08-07 at 3.01.41 PM.jpg
    16.2 KB · Views: 113

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Could anyone provide a side-by-side pic of Chubbies 1, please? Somerset era - Vulfix era? I'm not sure, but I think the Somerset era Chubby 1 had a taller handle? Thank you. :001_smile

Top Bottom