What's new

custom brush from australia--WOW!

Glenn Ey is indeed a real Magician!
Very nice guy, a real gentleman AND craftsman, good to do business with!
I'm lucky enough, to own 2 of is masterpieces. The one on the right is a custom one, made by Glenn on my specs... thnxs again for that Glenn!
This one is made in a beautiful Vasticola Burl. It's such a nice burl, with a lot of different "swirls" in it...
Not to say, that I'm really in :em2200: whit this piece!

proxy.php

Glenn Ey is indeed a real Magician!
Very nice guy, a real gentleman AND craftsman, good to do business with!
I'm lucky enough, to own 2 of is masterpieces. The one on the right is a custom one, made by Glenn on my specs... thnxs again for that Glenn!
This one is made in a beautiful Vasticola Burl. It's such a nice burl, with a lot of different "swirls" in it...
Not to say, that I'm really in :em2200: whit this piece!

proxy.php

those handles look amazing!

that seems very logical to me in terms of design. is that the case in practice/lathering?

v.
For me this design is AWESOME!
I was thinking about this, a long time... but couldn't find one that had this design...
The "ball" of the handle, is lying very good into the palm of your hand... makes it very easy for me, to lather up... but with an "handle" height of 90mm, and a overall height off...150mm (and that's AFTER blooming)... this is not a brush for the faint hearted... :em3300: :em3300: :em3300:

And they are not only LOOKING good... they are also made to perfection, and due to the finish, they feel so soft in your hand...
It's giving me that extra tough while shaving... over and over again...
:em2200: :em2200: :em2200:

I have one of Glenn's 24 mm masterpieces also and I could not be happier with the performance and looks of the brush. Glenn was super nice to work with and I highly recommend his brushes to anyone who is looking for a quality hand made brush.

Last edited:
the second one has arrived: claro walnut burl, 24mm knot (more like 26mm). here are some pre-bloom snapshots:

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

this was supposed to be gift, but now i don't know if i can part with it ;-)

v.

p.s. it will be very interesting to see how the simpson brush with plastic handle and 22mm know that i ordered from WCS (at 50% greater price) stacks up to something like this.

Last edited:
Glenn's badger knots are good, but if he had access to Shavemac or Simpson knots for his brushes! Wow, hold on to your hat!:drool:

I am thinking about buying a couple of TGN Finest knots and sending it to him for something real special.:001_wub:

Top Bottom