What's new

Toronto July 2012

70 days...... what say youse guys ....eh?

Well it seems that if I am going to make it to hog-town, it'll be next month which is kind of too bad. I'll be sure to scout out the Pacific Mall before you get there though lol!! Man the thought of being able to "touch" a Jnat before buying is crazy exciting.

Time is starting to get short....lets get a list and date and time. I also need to know what to bring that other people want to see

I'm going to be at the WPC. Never been to a meetup. Been shaving with a DE and/or straight for about a year and a half. Would be happy to attend as long as it doesn't conflict with other WPC activites.

Okay 35 days.... lets get a list together. I'm coming in on the 8th and available after 5:30 that day or another day ??? lets get a discussion going. Need to know what to bring in the line of Razors and pens ????

I'm coming in on the 8th and available after 5:30 as well. What does a meetup entail? I really don't have much to bring as I am just starting out. I have a 1962 Gillette TTO with case (slightly cracked hinge on case) that I'd be willing to part with. I'm planning to keep my Merkur DE and all of my straights. I only have one fountain pen which I use on a daily basis.

Thanks,
McP

I usually bring things people want to see or try (as a pen)

Drinks, dinner or snacks and just good talk usually ensue.

Well, not sure what much I can contribute - per above - but I'm happy to meet for drinks/dinner. I'm quite experienced when it comes to drinks :001_smile

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
I wonder if I can convince the wife that i need to go to T.O.
i might be there in early June for an OCCCIO conf.
Too bad it's a month early.

Too bad it's a month early. Don't forget to bring a good pen ... there will no doubt be lots of note-taking.

Now that this is imminent, its time to wade in.

A get together would be great and I should be around (I've been doing a lot of travel for work, which is why I've been scarce of late).

Yes, clear as mud! Entering P Mall is like going to HK. I didn't bother with the directories, I just walked around and enjoyed myself.

Which store carries CCK and what else do they sell?

If anyone is into tea, you can get some serious yixing / gung-fu tea pots at P-Mall.

Its actually a CCK store - they have a very good selection of knives, cleavers and Chinese kitchenware at very good prices (bought my carbon steel wok there for under $20 a few years ago) the store is quite small, but they have a lot of stuff packed into it - just don't expect Williams & Sonoma-esque service.

Brian - where will you be located - that might impact choice of venue, but there are lots of places we can go for a meetup.

Lots of decent Chinese in Chinatown (although the best is in the 'burbs where there are large concentrations of Chinese), good Korean - there's a place called the Korean Grill House (several downtown locations) where the have the tables with built in gas grills so you can cook your own meat/fish along with a bunch of sides - loads of fun and very reasonably priced.

Basically if we can pick a date and general area that's convenient for the largest number of people, me and the other locals can start generating suggestions and gauging interest.

And the only thing you need to bring to a meet up is yourself - its just about putting faces to names and having some fun.

Staying at the Grand on Jarvis... also for anybody who was in the LE Pen buy....if you wanted I could hand deliver. Probably take less time then Canada Post

Doc4

Stumpy in cold weather
Staff member
Staying at the Grand on Jarvis... also for anybody who was in the LE Pen buy....if you wanted I could hand deliver. Probably take less time then Canada Post

Well, if you can pop mine in the mail from Toronto ... that'd save the cobweb-gathering requirement at the border if mailed from the US ... :wink2:

Top Bottom