What's new

Darwin Razor: A New Record?

The condition is less than par if I am seeing it right....cant believe it went for that much. I know that the case is quite rare but still $527? Im holding on to mine a little longer at that price.

LOL, 4 snipes in 2 seconds just before the auction ended. Two of them real high - possibly thinking "I'm going to place a crazy bid, I won't have to pay that much but nobody else will be that mad, will they?"

Well they were! I hope the winner doesn't regret it.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
That just makes me feel better about what I paid for mine. :biggrin:

Seriously, what I found more interesting is that the cap on the ebay one has a very different placement of the "Darwin" name and registration number then I have seen before. :confused1

Ebay picture of Darwin Deluxe
$$(KGrHqUOKpgE4k2HTDgBBOLsyZzzWQ~~0_35.JPG

Picture of my Darwin Deluxe. I have two Deluxes and both have a cap like this.

View attachment $Darwin D.jpg

My Deluxe and Standard

View attachment $Darwin Deluxe & Standard.jpg

Last edited:
There were a couple that went for north of $600 on US ebay about 6-9 mos ago. I got my standard before the hype for south of $150.

I, too, watched that auction. There have a been a few different heads on Darwins that sold in the last few days. One on a Deluxe and one on a standard. One that sold last week actually had Darwin stamped on the handle of the razor and I have never seen that before. It makes me think they produced a lot more of them than I thought. The head on this one was very interesting. The head on my Deluxe looks like Intrigued's pic. This one almost looks like a very early model before they got their logo going. The Darwin is just etched into the head and doesn't have that background that most of them have. I bet that rust/stain will buff right out. If I didn't already own one, I would have bid on it. Besides, it's the best DE razor I have ever used.

I, too, watched that auction. There have a been a few different heads on Darwins that sold in the last few days. One on a Deluxe and one on a standard. One that sold last week actually had Darwin stamped on the handle of the razor and I have never seen that before. It makes me think they produced a lot more of them than I thought. The head on this one was very interesting. The head on my Deluxe looks like Intrigued's pic. This one almost looks like a very early model before they got their logo going. The Darwin is just etched into the head and doesn't have that background that most of them have. I bet that rust/stain will buff right out. If I didn't already own one, I would have bid on it. Besides, it's the best DE razor I have ever used.

I also noticed a standard on the bay that seemed to be a two piece razor and the handle just under the head had lines etched into it. Quite different than mine. It looks like there are a number of variations.

Given that they're solid cobalt steel, I agree that pretty much any problem will buff right out leaving a mirror finish.

I just noticed that the bottom of the handle on this razor appears to be faceted. I may be wrong about this, but I think that all the others I've seen are round on the bottom.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
I just noticed that the bottom of the handle on this razor appears to be faceted. I may be wrong about this, but I think that all the others I've seen are round on the bottom.

Nice catch! :thumbup1: Your right, it is faceted. My Deluxes and my Standard are rounded.

$Darwin from ebay 8:11.jpg

My Standard is founded as well. This is the first faceted one I've seen. Looks like there's a variation to the Darwins that I certainly didn't know about.

I want this model!

I can totally see how it went for so much with those two rare attributes. My Deluxe is like the ones mentioned here - a rounded bottom and the standard Darwin logo.

Top Bottom