What's new

I think Proraso just outperformed Tabac

I challenge anyone to make a consistently great lather day in day out. While you can get good at it, your face is different from day to day too. Sometimes it responds well to shaving, others not. The variables are significant, and it's too simplistic to put it down to products you know and like.

I pulled out my Proraso for the first time in months, as it's still winter here, and got a great result today. Tommorrow it might be less impressive, even though the lather will probably be just as good.

Creams don't lather better than soaps - good products lather better than bad, regardless of type.

While I've only tried 20 or so soaps and creams (TOBS, Cella, P.160, D.R.Harris, Ogalalla, etc, etc), I can say unequivocally that there is no soap or cream that gives me a better shave than Proraso. As good? Yes. Better? No.

Cheers!
-Greg

Over a year ago, I got a tube of Proraso and a puck of Tabac. I've since used up the Tabac and have replaced it. The tube of Proraso sits there almost totally unused. Turns out I can't stand menthol. It lathered fine for me but the menthol was a real turn-off. To each his own.

My name is Cam, and I'm a menthol addict. It's been 3 hours since my last shave...

Love my Proraso--either the tube of cream rebranded as C.O Bigelow I can pick up from Bath and Body Works, or the Proraso soft soap in the green tub. I use the smaller tubes of Bigelow for travelling and even get good results (DFS) with a cart when I do.

Cheers!

Top Bottom