What's new

Rooney Hair Grades?

Would some of the Rooney afficionados sum up the hair grades and performance thereof.

You got:

Rooney Finest
Super Silvertip
Genuine Silvertip
Best Badger
Pure Badger

The only 2 brushes I own and use now are a Shavemac Silvertip and a Vulfix Super. (as to relate to hair grades)

Thanks for the input.

Not to disagree with the formulator of the wiki entry, but I find most of the Rooney grading, as evidenced in the writeup, to be marketing claptrap. Raising the exploitation of the ignorant to a higher level, the five grades of badger hair is an affront to the sensible.:a24: Silver tip and then super silver tip? Too bad the "finest' wasn't entitled super duper silver tip.. Perhaps then the comic opera would have been less tragic. I think there is now yet a sixth grade, legacy super? Hold on to you wallet carefully when treading those murky marketing waters.:scared:

Not to disagree with the formulator of the wiki entry, but I find most of the Rooney grading, as evidenced in the writeup, to be marketing claptrap. Raising the exploitation of the ignorant to a higher level, the five grades of badger hair is an affront to the sensible.:a24: Silver tip and then super silver tip? Too bad the "finest' wasn't entitled super duper silver tip.. Perhaps then the comic opera would have been less tragic. I think there is now yet a sixth grade, legacy super? Hold on to you wallet carefully when treading those murky marketing waters.:scared:

Hey if Gillette can why can't Rooney? :tongue_sm They even take the time to go looking for a rare breed of a long haired species of badger to make the brushes :ohmy:.
But I agree, I tried to make that clear in the intro of that page... Price relies a lot on what material they used, not how good a product it is...

I agree with all the marketing BS surrounding the Rooney hair grading.

I have a #1 large that the brush label states is silvertip - so not sure whether its regular or super - the fact that the price difference between the two grades is so small suggests that there's not much difference.

The finest is supposed to be very nice, but there's no way I'm spending that much on a brush.

My Rooney has a nice short loft with a dense knot - its a great brush for soap and creams. I find the brush to have nice soft tips and good resiliancy/flex. My only issue is that, at 26mm, its a bit big for my tastes, but I think its a great brush.

The brush seems very well put together and, aside from shedding a few hairs when new, has not had any quality isues.

Top Bottom