What's new

Shave Nirvana Achieved

I can say that I've had the best shave ever this morning. It all started with the arrival of my birth razor of all things - a '76 long handled Super Adjustable. After cleaning it up, polishing it, and setting it to seven, I loaded it up with a Personna blade that I had already used for the past three shaves. I loaded up my mug with a rich warm lather of TOBS Sandalwood and after a moment of enjoying the scent, I got started on my three pass routine of WTG, XTG, and AGT. No irritation or nicks - none. I got a smooth BBS shave out of it and just thoroughly enjoyed it. I splashed on my favorite aftershave and all I felt was a cool tingle - no burning at all. The shaving gods were truly smiling on me this morning.

Yes that first moment of Shaving Nirvana, is achieved. The moment when it all comes together is so sweet. Congrats, here is hoping that you will have many more mornings like today.

Awesome! If you change too many variables you might not be able to repeat today's great shave for a long time. If you're happy with today's setup then repeat and enjoy the great shaves. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
Congratulations on the great shave! I have used your exact set up and had fine shaves as well. I hope that you have many more great shaves.

Regards,

Doug

TOBS Sandalwood irritated me after the shave :(....or maybe it was cause I was a noob back then? I might have to give it another whirl!!! Congrats on the awesome shave.

Thank you all. Let me just tell you how much I love this Super Adjustable. I even switched it up a bit today & went with cold water, Proraso w/ Aloe & Green Tea, and a four pass job. WOW! I didn't think it could get any better. :w00t:

Thank you all. Let me just tell you how much I love this Super Adjustable. I even switched it up a bit today & went with cold water, Proraso w/ Aloe & Green Tea, and a four pass job. WOW! I didn't think it could get any better. :w00t:

Cold water shaving during the summer is awesome, especially if followed by a menthol aftershave.

The 76 super adjustable is my birth razor too, I love the long handle it makes the balance pretty much perfect. I could shave holding it with just a finger and thumb. it's a very smooth and nimble razor i hardly ever get cuts or irritation with it and it's a pleasure to shave with. The only downside is that even on 9 i find it pretty mild so if you're just enjoying the smoothness and fun of the razor you don't get a super close shave. I usually use a red personna though, maybe if I put in a feather it'd kick it up a notch.

Top Bottom