What's new

Question about Canadian Gillette Razors?

Does anybody know in which Canadian city were the Canadian Gillette razors produced? I have a couple of Techs and NEW’s and I have been unable to find out this information.

Many of them say Toronto on. Can't remember which, but I certainly have seen that. They may have been made elsewhere too though.

Edit: After I posted, I started to doubt myself. I know that I have seen Toronto on some of my razors, but I have just had a quick look at my Canadian
Gillette's and can't see that marking on them anywhere. I may have been thinking of some Autostrops that that I have since given away - I still have one Autostrop that is marked as having been made in Montreal. But, now I don't know where the Gillettes are from:confused1

Last edited:
Yes, the Canadian factory was in Montreal. These pages from the March 1918 issue of the Gillette Blade talks about the setting up of the initial factories in the early days and show the Montreal plant as it was in 1912 (click for larger images):

Yes, the Canadian factory was in Montreal. These pages from the March 1918 issue of the Gillette Blade talks about the setting up of the initial factories in the early days and show the Montreal plant as it was in 1912 (click for larger images):

Awesome thanks Porter!! Do you have any idea when the plant disappeared?

http://www.gillettelofts.com
proxy.php

Top Bottom