What's new

Any Avon Bottle Collectors out there?

I've been by quite a few antique shops lately and one shop had a very large amount of Avon After shave bottles. I myself am no collector nor interested in them however I wanted to know if anyone else was and that way I could pick them up for you.

I think most are priced around 8-10 dollars and are a variety of Cars to the Gillette Safety razor.

Let me know if anyone is serious and I can go by and take pictures.

I would just ask for you to pay cost of the bottle plus shipping. Not looking to profit, just simply trying to put vintage shaving gear in someones hands that will care for it and love it.

You should take some pictures. I might be interested depending on their designs...I have been looking for a bottle to put my AV in :) .

There are a handful of us on the board who like Vintage Avon, mostly for the Aftershave itself, and secondary to the cool decanters. $8-$10 each is on the high side for Vintage Avon. Maybe I have just been lucky, but I have been able to score pieces still filled with Aftershave, and the original box for $2-$4 in the past.

I would only pay $8-$10 for something I really wanted like the Safety Razor, and the Shaving Brush (both of which I already have).

There are a few of us, some diehards and some dabblers. I've seen some at those prices, but most of us challenge ourselves to do better deals than that unless it's something very special. If you haven't tried any of those yourself, you might want to pick one up yourself and give it a whirl. The "Super Shaver" (DE Razor) probably has Avon Spicy in it, which is a nice Old Spice knockoff. The aftershaves contain glycerine, and when stored properly are actually very good performers.

If you get something you like, post it on Tom's Vintage Avon Find thread. I expect to be putting up some new pictures there this weekend, after meeting a local antique vendor who's bringing some boxfuls of full decanters for sale at sweet lot prices (like $1-2 each).

I actually started collecting these when I was a kid in the 70s at the suggestion of my mother, who heard that full Avon bottles would appreciate in value.

During a necessary purge six years ago, I tried to sell them and had zero success. No interest at all on eBay, craigslist, etc.
Most went in the garbage and I kept two or three.

Damn shame.

I had a relative who was an Avon Lady years ago so I acquired quite a few of the Avon products. I liked most of the scents quite a bit. I still have a number of the bottles in a box somewhere in the basement. I had a brush, mug and soap set that was quite nice. I remember the soap to be a very nice performer and wonder who made it for them. One of these days I will have to go find that box and see what is still there.

Regards,

Doug

I had a relative who was an Avon Lady years ago so I acquired quite a few of the Avon products. I liked most of the scents quite a bit. I still have a number of the bottles in a box somewhere in the basement. I had a brush, mug and soap set that was quite nice. I remember the soap to be a very nice performer and wonder who made it for them. One of these days I will have to go find that box and see what is still there.

Was this your Avon soap set? It's currently in my rotation and it's purely marvellous.

full

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom